Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

my tenor was stolen from an Italian train on Friday, July 6 2018.

It is a 1961 Selmer Mark VI serial number 93313 in a well-worn black Walt Johnson hard case.

View attachment 212588

The handles wore out so now it has a single handle made of braided white rope. The carrying strap was replaced by one from a Dell computer bag, and has DELL embroidered on it in blue.

The saxophone has two visible modifications:
I added this bridge to help keep the G# pad closed when playing low notes.
View attachment 212590
Front F key was replaced with a more modern one in brass.
View attachment 212592

Here are a few pictures of the instrument taken recently to show lacquer wear and corrosion.
View attachment 212594
View attachment 212596

I have been playing this instrument for nearly 20 years. As you may imagine, I am in mourning. If anyone has any information please contact me: [email protected] +39 3287761608

Thank you.

Dan

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I hate seeing these posts. I'm sorry for your loss. You know, I'm really surprised. While a MVI is fencable, you just wouldn't think the typical modern thief is aware, or those that are aware, aren't thieves. Maybe it will show up on Ebay or other sales venue.

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
The images don't appear for me... I don't have "permission" to view them?

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
So sorry to hear of this. Please update if you are able to get your horn back.

So sad that people do crap like this!!!

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
This is why I rented a car on my last trip to Italy. I didn’t want to have to watch all my stuff constantly while I was traveling.
That, and take my road horn.
I had a mint SBA alto stolen from me. It’s a ****** feeling.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Sorry for your loss. These threads are a reminder to people to keep you horns close because there are low life scumbags out there who will jack you in heart beat. If someone tried to steal my horn while on me, they better be ready to kill or be killed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts