Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sons SBA - Selmer Alto serial 49450 - stolen in Philly 8/11/07 between 3:15AM and 10:00AM

Equipment van broken into at Hampton Inn near airport and instruments and equipment snatched.

Police report filed.

Band had played a gig at Taylors and were on way to Musikfest.

Any help/suggestions most appreciated.

·
Registered
552 Posts
In Philly it will most likely end up in a pawn shop -- I live near philly ,but i'm moving in about a week -- for the short time I'm here I will look out for your sba , since i'm always looking around for horns-- but if you keep searching you will most likely find it .

·
Registered
383 Posts
OdysseyTigger said:
Sons SBA - Selmer Alto serial 49450 - stolen in Philly 8/11/07 between 3:15AM and 10:00AM

Equipment van broken into at Hampton Inn near airport and instruments and equipment snatched.

Police report filed.

Band had played a gig at Taylors and were on way to Musikfest.

Any help/suggestions most appreciated.
I really hope it turns up for you.

-Birdman

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Odyssey: Your post wasn't clear about the police report. Was the serial number included in the original police report? If so, you are light-years ahead in helping find the horn.

If I were you, I'd try to locate the assigned detective and encourage pawn-shop checks. If the serial numbner has not yet been added to the file's info, make sure it is entered, both into the department's records, and to NCIC (the national crime data base).

Most pawn shops (at least those in major cities - not sure about Philadelphia, but most cities read the same sheet of music) report all transactions to local police. There should be some system in place to cross-reference pawn reports to stolen property. Encourage continual checks of those data bases. DAVE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
stolen super balanced action

additional info re: stolen super balanced action

original laquer

high f sharp key

horn maintained by chuck pomeroy (chucks music - brookfield CT)

dave:

thanks. serial number was in file back in NY - will be forwarded to police tomorrow - will follow up as you recommend

thanks

OT

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Good luck- I KNOW how you feel! Hopefully it will turn up! I always feel sad, and violated, when I hear this kind of news! Again, Good luck, asaxman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts