Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOTW community please help!

SOME LOW LIFE STOLE MY SAXOPHONES!
Please help me keep an eye out and tell everyone you know! I would do just about anything to get them back!

King Super 20 Silversonic Tenor Sax #375041
In a hard contoured protec case w/ Theo Wanne Amma 10 Mouthpiece and Custom Winslow ligature.

King Super 20 Silversonic Alto Sax #427495
In a hard contoured protec case w/Theo Wanne Gaia 7 mouthpiece and Winslow ligature. "Milt Yaner" was engraved on the bell

Both had Black Roo Pads with Saxtech domed sterling resonators.

I am devastated and would do just about anything to get these horns and their hand selected mouthpieces back. I spent 2 decades finding exactly the right combination of equipment.

If you hear of anything matching this description being sold, please contact me.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have always wondered if these people know and plan what they are stealing, it is always the good stuff that goes missing :/

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
stolen saxophones....sorry to hear that,i know what it feels like...
i have a stolen saxophone website where you can list them....i do know someone that got one back after a few years because of this site...
its listed on the bottom of my home page here....

http://secondhandsaxes.com.au/index.html

good luck,philip

·
Registered
183 Posts
And if you haven't already, get in contact with local pawn shops and music stores so they can get them back to you - advice commonly given for these sad problems.

I hope you get them back, sound like some killer horns. Good luck.

·
Banned
8,205 Posts
It'll be plain dumb luck to find them. Been there, done that, after I had a mint 1953 SBA stolen from the apartment I lived in. I even had a very strong lead on a suspect. Stolen saxes aren't at the top of crimes the cops bother with.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
silversonicbionic, only mentioning this as everyone is a suspect at this point, you mention that both had black roo pads.
Was this done recently? Same tech for both saxes?
If so, have you been using this tech a long time, and is it a one-man shop or a store where you give the info to a clerk.
As Amanda works for a music store that repairs instrument as a major part of their business it is not something I throw out there lightly, but cannot rule out.
Oh, where the saxes the only things stolen or was it a 'whole house' robbery?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Gosh, what a loss! All the best in getting the horns back.

M.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silversonicbionic, only mentioning this as everyone is a suspect at this point, you mention that both had black roo pads.
Was this done recently? Same tech for both saxes?
If so, have you been using this tech a long time, and is it a one-man shop or a store where you give the info to a clerk.
As Amanda works for a music store that repairs instrument as a major part of their business it is not something I throw out there lightly, but cannot rule out.
Oh, where the saxes the only things stolen or was it a 'whole house' robbery?

Same tech, but he is a trusted decades long friend who works out of his home. The person only took those two horns and a laptop that was right next to the window they broke into, and went into another room- past my dogs. They left everything else in the house untouched. They knew what to grab, and they knew where it would be. I suspect it was someone who knows me or the dogs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Title states Tucson, AZ.
I am presuming that's where the crime occurred & where silversonicbionic lives.
Yes. Tucson, AZ on 8/12/14 between 7am and 3pm near Campbell and Elm streets.

Incidentally, both the police and pawn shops told me NOT to give the pawn shops any description of the items. The rationale is that if the pawn shops know the items are stolen, they can't legally buy them. So- it is better to let them buy the horns, and let the serial numbers flag the police.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Yes. Tucson, AZ on 8/12/14 between 7am and 3pm near Campbell and Elm streets.

Incidentally, both the police and pawn shops told me NOT to give the pawn shops any description of the items. The rationale is that if the pawn shops know the items are stolen, they can't legally buy them. So- it is better to let them buy the horns, and let the serial numbers flag the police.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this?
I don't have experience with this, but from reading other posts regarding stolen items I understand the rational, but then the pawn shop that buys the sax(es) will be out the money they used to buy the sax. NOT really fair to them if this is the case unless there is some sort of 'hold' on the money. For example, paying with a post-dated check while the serial numbers are run.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i hope you find your instruments, what i would recommend is to look on ebay and craiglist around you area, it must have been somebody that knew you had those instruments.
when i read this stuff i think i should have my instrument insured.

good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Were they insured?
Ugh... I quit my job, cut back on teaching and gigs to go back to school 4 years ago, and had to make the savings go until the end, so I opted for the basic renter's insurance plan. We have big dogs and cactus under all of the windows and I didn't think it would be easy to get in. I just graduated in May and didn't think to up the insurance now that I have a day job again- I've just been practicing my *** of and loving it. First gig out is scheduled for this Friday! I am awaiting the insurance claims decision now. Even if they covered the cost of everything, they were one of a kind instruments, mouthpieces, and ligatures.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts