Sax on the Web Forum banner

STOLEN - Jupiter JAS-767 Alto nwith Meyer 5M mouthpiece, Green Protec Case

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sax Bum 
#1 ·
Stolen from my friend's car on Thursday night in downtown Seattle. Jupiter JAS-767 alto saxophone, 5M Meyer mouthpiece in green Protec case. Serial Number is 907582. This was my only working alto, beloved gigging horn. Offering a $200 reward for safe return of horn and mouthpiece. Thanks.

#2 ·
This sucks, sorry to hear.

Stating the obvious, but....keep an eye on all Cragslists within 2-3 hours of you....contact all Pawn and Music Shops within two hours of you, file a police report, etc. etc.

There are a couple of 767's on eFlay for pretty cheap, although I dunno what sorta shape they are in. If you were interested, I could do servicing for $100 cut-rate on one for you to get it into good play shape, so you wouldn't have to outlay a large sum on a replacement...

#3 ·
This sucks, sorry to hear.

Stating the obvious, but....keep an eye on all Cragslists within 2-3 hours of you....contact all Pawn and Music Shops within two hours of you, file a police report, etc. etc.

There are a couple of 767's on eFlay for pretty cheap, although I dunno what sorta shape they are in. If you were interested, I could do servicing for $100 cut-rate on one for you to get it into good play shape, so you wouldn't have to outlay a large sum on a replacement...
Thanks. I know I can replace the horn pretty cheap, but having owned multiple 767's I know not all of them have great intonation like this one did. Plus that Meyer 5M is a bummer to lose too, what a great mouthpiece! I appreciate the offer and I'll keep it in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.