Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I have had my Balanced Action Tenor Stolen (Nov 05) from Queensland Australia, serial 35531, it has white roo skin pads, a lamberson wooden mouthpiece (number 8) and a selmer square backpack case.There is a dodgy solder job on the key gaurd to the low C where i burnt the lacquer a little.
Also My brand new series III soprano also with lamerson wooden mouthpiece and same backpack selmer case. Serial 646022.
The bastards took everything i own, my crappy selmer usa bass clari (they can keep that one - i hope it squeeks every time they play it!) mu G4 lappy with every tune i ever wrote, ipod, handycam.
Despite my ownership of all this rubbish i am a poor music student studying at the sydney conservatorium,
the horns could litterally be anywhere now, they are of great sentimental value and i NEED EM BACK!!! i will try and compensate anyone who is good enough to return them
my email is dannyrorke [at] gmail.com replace the [at] with an @
any info is greatly appreciated,
thanks
Sad, saxophoneless boy. :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
oh man that is harsh:cry:

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
Carbs said:
why did you suddenly just put out one guys name?
Best of luck in finding your horns.
Carbs,

Ken Oath is Australian slang. It is an abbreviated form of another Australian slang term

F***en oath! which means "it is true and most emphatically so."

The English equivalant might be "My word!" The American equivalent might be "Well goleeee Sgt Major!"

If you take the last 3 letters of F***en, you have Ken.

Ken Oath is just a typically Australian, couldn't be bothered saying the whole word, abbreviation. It isn't anyone's name and no one is being accused here.

Now that that's settled. Daniel, I'll assume you've filed a police report and lodged a claim with your insurance company.
It's probable that the horn will either

1. Appear on Ebay immediately, with the serial numbers rubbed off.
2. Appear on Ebay some weeks hence when the thief thinks you're no longer keeping an eye out.
3. Appear in the window of some hock shop anywhere but Queensland.
4. It's been stolen by someone who'll try to play it for a month or two and then leave it in the case for the next 15 years.

To that end, your best bet is to do as you've done here and let everyone know the horn is stolen.
Keep an eye on Ebay for the next year or so.
Call every hock shop you can find a number for. Both in Queensland and everywhere else. Don't tell them you are looking for a stolen horn. If they have it in the window, they aren't the sort to fess up and mail it back to you. Instead, try posing as young parent looking for a cheap sax for your child. They'll tell you what they have in stock and you might get lucky. Leave a contact number and ask them to call you if anything comes in.
It's a long shot and you'll have to spend a few weeks calling literally hundreds of hock shops, but you may get lucky.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Damn! I feel for you. I hope they find the SOB and your stuff.

Bernards20040, I love your avatar! xD

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have spend thousands touring and contacting hock shops and second hand dealers, kept my eyes on ebay but it could have slipped through.....
..... no luck not even a wif.....
IT WAS KEN!!!!
No .... just kidding

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That's terrible mate. What did ya do? Replace the horns?

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Get a custom search configured on ebay - it will mail you if certain keywords are listed

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i did that... nothing... it could be they were just sold in a pub to some person... somewhere out there someone has em though

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just an update, these horns are still stolen and have not as yet been located. Any information will be rewarded. This was a heinous crime. My new profile here is Djassoo as my last one was malfunctioning. [email protected]
Cheers all,
Daniel

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would just like to let everyone know that the Balanced Action has been recovered. It is a long story that I might relay at some stage once the police side of it is officially concluded (Not that they seem to actually doing anything). Suffice to say I am not very happy about how I was treated once it surfaced.

Anyway, I am grateful to have my horn back despite how I was treated by those involved. It has been 10 years and it has been like 10 years in some sort of limbo, finally I have my voice back.

The theft was pretty extreme. It was everything I owned just as I was about to start my honours year at the Sydney Conservatorium. The instrument surfaced through The Long Jetty Pawnbroker in Sydney, and the soprano, A Series III with serial 646022 is still at large. If you are in Sydney, or really anywhere, and you bought a used Series III soprano between 2005 and now I would be grateful if you could please check your serial number.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts