Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I recently had a sax stolen from me.

Yamaha Custom 875EX Alto Sax.
Serial Number: C52307.
Caravan Mouthpiece
Meyer 7M Mouthpiece
Rover Eddie Daniels Ligature
BG Neckstrap

The thief sold it to 'Gold & Estate Buyers', which has stores in Nassau County, Long Island & Queens, NY. A tenor that was stolen has resurfaced, but my alto has not.

Love to see my horns again...

·
Registered
8,078 Posts
You know who it was sold to and haven't informed the police. What are you waiting for? For us to start a discussion of who cares, its a Yamaha? I'll go first...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whaler: Of course I filed a report- you would have known that if you read the entire thread.

BTW- The Yamaha Custom EX, IMO, is the finest horn out there- particularly for those of us performing in wind ensembles and pit orchestras. A even and clear tone through all registers, impeccable intonation, fluid key action, etc.

But, I guess you are just more interested in kicking a guy when he is down... hope you believe in karma, I sure do.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It really sucks balls to have your horn stolen. I have been there and I feel your pain. It seriously changed my life forever, i'm not exaggerating. It is not just a thing. Some ideas: there are a couple of internet sites that list stolen horns, google them. Also, start an ebay saved search so that ebay emails you with possible sightings (do this with CL and any other website you think is relevant), it is as depressing as feck to be reminded of your loss daily but it might help. It is also worth making a list of pawnbrokers from the phone book etc, getting some cheap Skype credit and calling them all up and asking for the instrument. Email all the repairers and sax dealers and ask them to keep an eye out for it. Also post about it on Facebook (and Facebook saxophone groups) and get all your friends to like it (message them and ask them to)-there are likely a lot of saxophone players among your friends friends friends etc, and and start friending/following lots of saxophone players-they of course notice saxophones more than most-twitter is good as it's public and people can retweet. Anyway, hopefully there is something there you haven't thought of which will help.

Also, I advise you to chase down receipts if you don't have them as soon as possible for all your gear including mouthpieces and case etc. if, like me, the next stage is a couple of wan kers extorting you for your property to be returned you might need them. Remember that the horns are yours no matter what. Until you relinquish title by gift or sale nobody else has legal claim to them, it doesn't matter if they paid for them, have receipts or what. Don´t let anyone tell you otherwise, because it isn't true-I dealt with 4 police stations, a detective, an ombudsmen and a legal team and this was always confirmed for me as a basic principe. Anyone who becomes aware that they are holding your goods must legally turn them over to you or the police. Unfortunately there are no fairy godmothers and no karma, people are greedy and crime really does pay. People that steal instruments are scum, karma won't get them, but hopefully the police will.

And don´t sweat the wise cracks, people on this forum are really very nice and helpful. This is still probably the best place for you to hang this notice, and I´m pretty sure no one intentionally wants to make you feel worse than you already likely do. Wry cynicism is just the way we musicians add levity to the implicitly futile nature of our existences. I´m certain everyone hopes you get your horn back. Keep your chin up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advise and kind words, djassoo. I have contacted dealers, shops & repairmen from Montauk to Brooklyn already. A saved eBay search is a great idea, didn't even think about that.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts