Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang, on your Link metal tenor mpc RU using a Legere Reed ???

I am curious what other Link/Legere combo tenor players are using. Tip/reed type/size

I recently got a NY STM 7* modified to .110 and so far I'm on the reed fence between Classic and Signatures, also I just heard no more Studio's..:( I've got a Studio type Legere, plays killer on my Vigilante (.113) ..but it's too soft for this Link.

PS please spare the other brand synth reed reviews, I have tried most of them anyway:whistle:

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, thanks for the responses..I have had most success using a Classic 1.75 or a 2.0 Sig..so far the Classic is the top dog.

I wanted to try a stiffer Studio (my 1.5 is too soft) but sounds like they might be hard to find. I certainly dig the mpc. My 7* has been refaced to .110 by Brian Powell. I found it on ebay of all places it's a gem.:mrgreen:

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,794 Posts
I have never liked Legere reeds on my Link's, but it's a long time ago I tried them (I play a Florida no USA 10*, but have many other Link's in my collection).

I currently use (again, after a long time of cane reeds) Plasticover reeds, best of both worlds (cane and synthetic) for me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,761 Posts
I use Studio Cut 3's — 0n tenor and bass clarinet. And I just learned that the Studio Cut reeds are not being discontinued.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts