Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking out a few of my alto and tenor pieces this summer. After all that messing around, I'm finding myself digging this Sakshama Link all the more...

It's a 6* refaced to an 8, and I have no idea what entails "Florida inspiration," but the piece is really a pleasure to play: free-blowing and even throughout the range of the horn, a beautiful lush sound at lower volumes and even a bit of a snarl when pushed hard.

I posted a clip a while back when I was first starting out with the piece. Since then, I've found that Alexander Superial DC reeds are an especially nice match: the piece really sings with those reeds -- I've never felt a reed make such a large sonic difference on a mouthpiece, almost like having a graphic equalizer that's bumped all the lows, mids, and highs to just the right spot. (If that makes any sense...)

Anyways, here's a clip from this past Monday, an up-tempo original by our pianist, recorded at the dive-o-licious Central Park Grill in Bee-yoo-tee-full Buffalo, New York:

Fast Food Monday

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kelly,

I've been playing one of his Shortys for a month or so and am just KNOCKED OUT by it. For the first time in a long time, I am not freaking out about gear...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been playing one of his Shortys for a month or so and am just KNOCKED OUT by it. For the first time in a long time, I am not freaking out about gear...
Man, I've been very interested in checking these out -- John Greiner's been raving about his... Are these "Link-like" er what ... how do they differ from Links?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Sounds great, they way y'all were cookin' over at the CP Grill did they make you wear aprons?!? [rolleyes]

...enjoyed the clip nice sound on that mpc, btw.

shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts