Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
The ligature is a Dukoff and probably and older one because it has the four balancing set screws on the bottom. i own two and also the present day lig Dukoff sells without set screws. you can try one but there are better options for soprano ligs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
No Sir, that is a Selmer series III with detachable necks which later on Steve Lacy played on but also switched back to his series II when he wanted.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's actually an alto ligature; I don't have time to find the documentation now, but he spoke of it in an interview somewhere. I'll try to track it down.

He played a Mk. VI in the early years, then a Super 80, then the Serie III in the end. In the 25+ times I saw him live, he never played a Serie II. But it's always possible he had one.

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's actually an alto ligature; I don't have time to find the documentation now, but he spoke of it in an interview somewhere. I'll try to track it down.

He played a Mk. VI in the early years, then a Super 80, then the Serie III in the end. In the 25+ times I saw him live, he never played a Serie II. But it's always possible he had one.
What are the differences between a SA80 and a SA80II?.There are huge differences between them?.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.