Sax on the Web Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts
Discussion starter · #67 ·
Hey Super 20 he really DOES sound better with the thing in his Mpc..I have a harder airstream than K. The thing plugged me and my DG up big time ..but it might NOT be a joke for some guys..I wouldn't dis it after hearing Keith close up.We were in my studio and mic'd so the diff was quite apparent to everyone. :eek:ccasion:

$100 for a brass neck thingie?

The best thing that has ever enhanched my horn was 6 HOURS A DAY OF PRACTICE.

Man, after a few years of that my horn played a whole lot better. I can't explain it...I could project like crazy. Low tones were much easier. No gurgle any more. It was like magic...like a whole new horn.

I should write a book on that...

Na, I'd make WAY more money selling little brass insert thingies.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Yeah baby thingies..we'll make a million..LOL,ah well whatever floats the boat..I didn't believe it either 'til I actually heard a diff...it looks like a nozzle type thing..awright hold the nozzle jokes.. :sad2:

Cash made it clear that it didn't do anything for him and he gave that "neck enhancer " to me so there was little downside to trying it. I noticed an immediate improvement in my tone and response and had a chance to record myself today to really check it out. The change is a subtle one to be sure but I hear it behind the horn and it does show up in front also.. I don't know why this is called a neck enhancer since it slides into the chamber of the mouthpiece and changes the size and design of the chamber of your piece??. I put it into my Rovner deep V piece which has a square chamber cut when looked at from the butt end of the piece. That circular gizmo slides into the piece effectively making the chamber smaller and making it a circle design rather than the square design. What I noticed immediately was that response was improved (I could use more air inflections since the tone started with less air pressure) and it took off a nasel overtone I fight at times. A little more rounded , darker tone which is good for my Yamaha 62 Mk 2, Deep V set up. I agree with the previous post that 6 hours a day of practice would help my playing immensely. I'm open to how to work that into my hour and a half round trip commute and 9 hour work day. I'm a weekend warrior and just like the weekend golfer can use any edge, break, short cut I can find to suppliment the 45 mins to an hour I get on the horn a day. Anyway, for free Im quite happy. K

Sigmund451 said:
It does look like it came off the plumbing aisle at Home Depot.
I was at Lowe's the other night, and I actually looked through the plumbing stuff to see if they had anything similar. There were a couple of things that were close.

Dr. K - I meant no disrespect. I just meant I wasn't surprised to see you try it. I've watched you try just about everything else over the past 4 or 5 years. Glad it's working out for you. I'm a weekend warrior, too - your golfer analogy is a good one.

No hard feelings taken. Super . The truth is that I'd like to have the luxury of more time to practice and I have tried everything in the world to get better that I can think of. What is dif about me than most people you'd meet is that I am very open and I pass along the failures and the successes so some poor guy down the line doesn't have to make my mistakes.

Hi Keith - I have the neck enhancer too. Do you find that it tends to stay in the mouthpiece, rather than move with neck. That is the one prob I have, may need a smaller o ring. Thank you for correct sequencing = experience first, then opinion . . .

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.