Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts
Hey Cash -

Nice story (and pic) on the LV Sun site. I'll have to check you out when I go to Vegas later this year! Hope the show went well tonight with your "experiment".

Frank

Resonator

Has anyone recorded with and without the resonator and heard a difference? I tried an O-ring around the tenon of my alto so that is it brass rubber brass when I put the neck on. I can't hear any difference when recording and the few people that have heard with and without in blindflod tests can't tell the difference. I however hear a resonance difference when playing the sax. Kind of like the difference between bare brass (with O ring) and lacquer (without O ring).

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Sheesh..and I thought I could hide from you guys..haven't played the little devil enhancer yet, ended up using another cat's rig last nite..a long story..(see "Oh No Mr Bill" in the reed thread for details)..right now I'm trippin' on a fibracell for my tenor :dazed: oh well,maybe I can try the whole mess at once, tonight's another night..

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Well boys(and ladies) after a few hours (and many reed changes and adjustments) the jury's in for me. I was a Boy scout so I gotta tell the truth..I didn't quite feel the love.It focused the sound I guess but a loss of warmth and volume, and a lotta extra resistance.When I got home from the gig I jumped in the studio and could really hear what's up..I can't gild my lily..My plain ol' secret formula DG and FL are the fattest I ever sounded..So here's the deal the next cat gets it in mint cond for $70 plus shipping Don't like it ?? well pass it on and we'll get well rounded view points on the neck enhancer and we don't mortgage the farm...Who's next..Oh yeah fits my Guardala SKRB, should probably work OK in just about any type pc. asimple rubber O-ring would adjust the size anyway. :toothy10:

Cheers, Cash

Thanks Cash, but how are you gonna convince someone to pony up $70 for something you thought sucked.
That's why I don't like to buy without a trial period. (Hey they should have that for reeds!). That's why I never got a neck from Steve Goodson. Most everybody else gives you a try-out. (And I tried alot!)

Any way thanks for being the guinea pig. There was never a better looking one.

I agree, the bolla tie is the neck enhancer.
(Is that bolla or bolla, or maybe bola?)

Yea, Cash, that has to be one of the worst sales pitches Ive ever heard (the honesty is appreciated tho). YOu may want to spruce your description a bit and throw it on ebay...you can probably get your hundred back if you use the words "rare or limited production by SG". Seems like that will just about sell anything. :)

I probably should of said this earlier. If it works as promised, wouldn't a lot of other manufactures copy it and sell it? Think cloth/leather ligatures and the selectons of them. Then look at neck enhansers and look at the selection of them. :D

I deeply appreciate your honesty.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.