Sax on the Web Forum banner

Steve Goodson Neck Enhancer

28K views 94 replies 32 participants last post by  wesbrow 
#1 ·
This sounds like a good idea. Sorta like a nozzle on a hose. It goes inside the Mpc to increase air stream velocity. Anybody tried it yet???

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Interesting analogies Rex, it would an expensive experiment for sure. But as you well know we all want "more" of whatever "it" is..I'm very pleased with my current Tenor tone, but hey a little "more" couldn't hurt, right? Wish they made it for Alto, that horn is still a bear for me.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I love this place..a healthy dose of reality for sure...My long tones are plenty solid and I play the best horns and mpcs money could buy..so, do I want more..?? OF COURSE I do..but I do think in all due respect, it's sorta like freezing your horn or removing all the lacquer..there is a certain amount of Voo-Doo and Snake Oil involved in these processes as well. On the other hand sometimes an idea actually works..let's chip in and get one and we'll pass it around for opinions :twisted:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yeah Gary that's kinda my point..somebody's got to try one..oh well my birthday is comin' up and I haven't had a good dose of Snake-Oil in quite awhile.. :evil:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
SG may or may not be onto something..but I know him well enough to know it's definitely worth looking into..

of course nothing works for everybody ('cept air and water)..SG says they developed it over 7 yrs..

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Awright Fellas..I started this thing, and since the first report seems favorable I'm trying it..I'm sending for it tonight..I'm sure Mr SG (Southern Gentleman) will pick me out a good one.

HiYa Lenny..wassup??..you're next :twisted:

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Well my GAS has been under control for awhile so it's time for a small blast..we'll see how this thing plays..
Lenny, Vegas is a change I needed to really play full-time. I really enjoy the music scene here. Lots going on all the time, new groups and projects forming all the time. I've gotten good press already and have begun to book dates under my own name as well as playing all over town with some excellant local Artists who book me regularly. Of course all the Vegas BS goes with it but the real pros that I've met here are really supportive. A very vibrant musical scene, with more places to play than I can keep up with..I'm diggin' it...plus the Real estate market is doing a Bay Area number, made a ton on my pad since I moved here.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Lenny the inserts look kinda cool (and cheap too) but I'll try steve's deal..If i don't like it it'll be on Ebay (cheap :-x )..Take a peek at my Press when you have time, go to LAS VEGAS SUN (newspaper) access Jerry Fink's entertainment page and enter "Cash Farrar" you'll get a kick out it I think. :cool:

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Sheesh..and I thought I could hide from you guys..haven't played the little devil enhancer yet, ended up using another cat's rig last nite..a long story..(see "Oh No Mr Bill" in the reed thread for details)..right now I'm trippin' on a fibracell for my tenor :dazed: oh well,maybe I can try the whole mess at once, tonight's another night..

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Well boys(and ladies) after a few hours (and many reed changes and adjustments) the jury's in for me. I was a Boy scout so I gotta tell the truth..I didn't quite feel the love.It focused the sound I guess but a loss of warmth and volume, and a lotta extra resistance.When I got home from the gig I jumped in the studio and could really hear what's up..I can't gild my lily..My plain ol' secret formula DG and FL are the fattest I ever sounded..So here's the deal the next cat gets it in mint cond for $70 plus shipping Don't like it ?? well pass it on and we'll get well rounded view points on the neck enhancer and we don't mortgage the farm...Who's next..Oh yeah fits my Guardala SKRB, should probably work OK in just about any type pc. asimple rubber O-ring would adjust the size anyway. :toothy10:

Cheers, Cash

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Hey Super 20 he really DOES sound better with the thing in his Mpc..I have a harder airstream than K. The thing plugged me and my DG up big time ..but it might NOT be a joke for some guys..I wouldn't dis it after hearing Keith close up.We were in my studio and mic'd so the diff was quite apparent to everyone. :eek:ccasion:

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Yeah baby thingies..we'll make a million..LOL,ah well whatever floats the boat..I didn't believe it either 'til I actually heard a diff...it looks like a nozzle type thing..awright hold the nozzle jokes.. :sad2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.