Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, before i even begin i must stress that i do not want to be opening up a can of worms here. what i ask is purely information, for reasons i shall now explain......

the very first video i ever saw of a saxophone on youtube was derek nash's saxophone collection. and ever since then, the name saxgourmet has always struck me as one of the new up and coming great saxophone manufacturers. many times i came very close to purchasing a steve goodson model alto, but something always came up (ie, fixing car, new tv etc)

this year, i promised myself i'd buy a saxgourmet tenor, especially after i heard the video of derek nash playing one (if you havn't guesed, im a major derek nash fan) this morning i began my research to find where to get my new horn, and i started to notice a trend. for one, all of steve goodsons youtube videos seam to have negative votes. and there was always one comment that popped up about a guy who had his mark VII selmer stolen by steve. i never payed much attention to this.

i then stumbled across a few forums just ripping steve to shreds. to me this seamed incredibly odd because up till now, i had truly believed he was one of the best saxophone designers we had (yes, he can ******** a little in his videos, but in this day and age what company doesn't?? just the other day, i was reading an article about a jody jazz dv, and he was rambling on about how the beak of the mouthpiece is based off a dolphins nose. REALLY???!!!)

so basically, what im asking, before i go any further trying to make this purchase, WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH STEVE GOODSON???

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,502 Posts
Horns are great...the man himself is persona non gratis here on sotw

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
You claim not to want to open a can of worms, yet you are doing just that. Do a search on the subject, and you will bring up plenty of information without further beating this dead horse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.