Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? I'd be interested to know how they compare to a Super Tonemaster.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
I haven’t tried one, but I’ll vouch for Stephen. He’s a great craftsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Ken sounds great in this clip with a complex,dense ,rich tone. But it does not seem very flexible (to manipulate the tone quality). But WHO nows?
It seems every video of guys trying new mouthpieces are blasting away to see how hard they can push it.
That’s exactly what I do. You want to see how much they can take and then you can back off and play the way you play. I want to know what I’m playing can blast if I need it or want the effect.
Just like when a friend left his Corvette with me a few months. I got on the interstate and hit it even though I drove around town in it like grandpa.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well another clip of a great player sounding great on a new mouthpiece! Sounds like the player should be able to just play like the player with that piece, which should be the ultimate goal of making said clips with said pieces. This one, the 10mfan pieces, the Retro Revival pieces, etc, all show me that these are ALL great pieces and let the player be himself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts