Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Can anyone identify this sax for me from photos of the key work, it's about 1920s, but has no makers name. Only trouble is I'm not sure I've attached them so here goes. Musical instrument Tableware Motor vehicle Idiophone Automotive lighting
Musical instrument Wind instrument Tableware Brass instrument Auto part
Musical instrument Bicycle part Gas Home appliance Metal
Tableware Drinkware Nickel Automotive exhaust Musical instrument
Musical instrument Reed instrument Wind instrument Brass instrument Woodwind instrument

Thanks Bibbage

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,482 Posts
From what is shown, it looks to be in really nice shape. I'm wondering if the original maker's mark has been worn to a point where it can only be seen in special light and maybe with a glass. I've had horns like that . . . thought they were unmarked until I took time to closely examine it. You horn is obviously only keyed to hi-Eb, another indicator of age. The upper octave mechanism is similar to older Bueschers and Conns and the cross-hatched G# lever is reminiscent of Conns, but shaped differently. I dunno . . . DAVE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, It is engraved but not the makers name, the name on it is "Mold & Co 35 Dean St London W1" and a number. I can't find any information on them. bibbage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts