Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ratstand Z3 Pro looks sturdy and portable for holding an iPad Pro - does anyone have experience to share with it?

Looks like it'd be nice for gigs where space is short. Expensive, though, and one review suggested the cradle for the iPad was plastic and a little flimsy. I'm not sure this is the case, so am interested in any field experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really helpful to know about the K&M holders, thanks!

I agree, the Ratstand base looks larger than a mic stand. I hadn’t thought about a mic since I mainly worry about being too loud with my tenor. But I’d like to start playing my flute on gigs, too, so maybe need a mic. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If you're going the route of a Mic Stand with a clamp, you can get a Stereo Mic Bar which would allow you to put the iPad on one side and a mic on the other. I use it to save space in my crowded practice room. I'll take a picture and upload it tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no experience with Ratstand Z3 iPad stand. I like the iPad stands as it offers wide compatibility and it could be adjusted according to the iPad. So I ordered an iPad stand from Shopsecurity. I am using this for my daily use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts