Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a suitable stand for one of these?

I tried out the K&M 14315, but since the bottom U-clamp (that supports the bow) only has fixed positions to chose from (you can't slide it up and down), the only position available on the right distance from the top U-clamp (that holds the end of the bell) is where the low bell keys are.

Thanks!

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,625 Posts
Anyone found a suitable stand for one of these?

I tried out the K&M 14315, but since the bottom U-clamp (that supports the bow) only has fixed positions to chose from (you can't slide it up and down), the only position available on the right distance from the top U-clamp (that holds the end of the bell) is where the low bell keys are.

Thanks!
The Saxrax is great. I had the accessory side clipon, not sure if they do one as a main stand.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,737 Posts
I use a very, very old LeBlanc stand for my curved Buescher soprano. Haven't seen anything like it on today's market however. Some have suggested finding an alto stand with a bendable support that you can customize.

Some years ago a buddy of mine handcrafted a few very nice curved soprano stands with beautiful inlaid wood. It wasn't worth it to continue making them however.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
How about getting one of the el cheapo tripod stands and just drilling a new hole for the lower support in the right place, and squeezing the U shaped part together a bit? That's what I would do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!

The Saxrax is great. I had the accessory side clipon, not sure if they do one as a main stand.
I mailed them and they say it would fit a curved Buescher. But looking at the picture on their site, I don't see a support for the bow part. How does it keep a stable grip with just the one clamp at the end of the bell?
soprano.jpg

How about getting one of the el cheapo tripod stands and just drilling a new hole for the lower support in the right place, and squeezing the U shaped part together a bit? That's what I would do.
I was planning to send the K&M 14315 back on Monday, but yes, I'll give it a second look to see if I can drill an extra hole in the right place. Saves me a trip to the post office.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,625 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions!

I mailed them and they say it would fit a curved Buescher. But looking at the picture on their site, I don't see a support for the bow part. How does it keep a stable grip with just the one clamp at the end of the bell?
It doesn't need any other support: soprano, alto and tenore work nicely like that, that's the way they are designed.. Baritone and bass have a lower support as it's nececsary.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's what I did. Works fine.

\Bo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts