Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in Munich 1990?

....i used youtube only as reference to decide if i would buy this(I don't listen to too much on youtube because of the compression,and prefer laserdiscs at home).

it arrived on laserdisc today from Japan ...and WOW

this is wonderfully shot,recorded and performed

it is a full 104 minute concert with Getz,Kenny Barron,Alex Blake, Terry Lynn Carrington plus additional synthesizers

the stuff with extra synths is very well arranged and naturally mixed

....Man Getz is so modern,with that tone...... he also belts out some super powerful stuff

its amazing to see ones last performance so viril.... no signs of frailty whatsoever (did his passing come quickly???)

the concert takes place here in Munich at the Gasteig,which is an ENORMOUS concert hall ,home of highbrow symphony concerts....the backdrop are the gigantic organ pipes....
none the less the sound quality is superb..drums are crisp..bass sounds GREAT! and the playing is stellar...

now one of my favorite videos:headbang:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
:cheers:I must agree. This was a great performance. I was sitting in the first row. When I bought the tickets a asked the lady at the counter for the best ticket. I got the seat right in front of Stan :cheers:. You can see me sitting there at the end of the movie.:notworth:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what?? a front on shot of you??!! do you have the glasses and a sax stuck in your mouth???

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes this is an incredible performance. Bought this a few years ago and the quality is exceptional.
The sound, the video shots. I mean, for most of us (you lucky Dr_sax) who were not there this is the next best thing.
The Sound, he was. Impossible not to be in awe. Luckily we have his music and numerous videos.

I love Stan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts