Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I currently own a SR Tech Bari Sax mouthpiece and was wondering if anyone knows the size of the tip opening. I checked all over their website for it, but it was no where to be found. They only make one type of baritone mouthpiece, the pro series model.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,008 Posts
My SR Tech bari piece is marked "PRO" on one side and "BP117" on the other. I would guess that 0.117" is the tip opening.

Rhys

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My SR Tech bari piece is marked "PRO" on one side and "BP117" on the other. I would guess that 0.117" is the tip opening.

Rhys
Thanks Rhys but I know that that is the model number. Just like saxophones have model numbers the really high end mouthpieces have their own model number. I know this because mine say BP167 and there is no way that it has a 0.167" tip opening.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have seen in listed as a 0.115 opening in a couple places. Not sure how reliable those internet sources are, but that were both in descriptions of the mouthpiece from retailers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
+1 and I would think the BP inscription stands for Brian Powell of Mouthpiece Guys and .117 for the new opening... At least that's what it reads on my tenor Link ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts