Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried their legend metal? I just bought one and just looking for others impressions.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,492 Posts
No
However, I have tried the Legend bullet-proof (or almost) polycarbonate mouthpiece. I didn´t really like it very much. The opening is way too much at the edge, unlike on my quantum. On my quantum the tip opening is 5 at the edge and gradually closes as you move backwards. On the Legend, the opening tapers way too quickly for my likings. I don´t exactly play at the edge of the mouthpiece. I hope that this advice serves some sort of purpose. If it doen´t. it is really very good to now anyway.

·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have one on the way to me..If I dont like it, you'll see it for sale somewhere. I have a vandoren s35 and I just cannot control it. I tried an s25 and it shuts down, so I am hoping for an intermediate as well as something a bit brighter.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,492 Posts
Selmer's_glu said:
Perhaps you mean a SHORT facing?
Probably. My problem with this mpc is that my mouth is always placed around the middle of the facing. This gives me a much richer tone with both clarinet and saxophone. The guy that owns the legend that I played says that you must put your mouth on the tip, a thing I find rather annoying to do. :tongue8: :toothy7: :violent1: :a-run: :bsod: :cussing: :angry4:

·
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I LOVE IT!! It is brighter and easier to play than the vandoren mouthpiece. I am sold...as soon as my braces get finished I'll play that soprano like crazy...the SR Tech has a big sound to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts