Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Alto: YAS-62S Conn Trany 6M Jupiter JAS-868 JAS-769 / Tenor: YTS-23 & 52 P. Mauriat 66R Holton 241
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently made a side-by-side comparison between a Guardala King LT and an SR Tech Fusion. And, even my first impression about the Guardala was very good, I found the SRTF more versatile, warmer or brighter than Guardala on demand. Sound was fuller with the SRTF.

A curious detail: The Guardala failed in the sealing test.

What do you think about? What are your experiences with these mouthpieces?

Thank you in advance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Alto: YAS-62S Conn Trany 6M Jupiter JAS-868 JAS-769 / Tenor: YTS-23 & 52 P. Mauriat 66R Holton 241
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MojoBari said:
The seal test works better on classical mouthpiece designs. The long facing and open tip on the King might not seal unless a very soft reed was used. There still could be a blemish in the King facing, but I think it will not test well even if the facing is good. It is most likely a problem with the seal test, not the mouthpiece.
Keith, Why the SR Fusion test well? Does it mean the SR is better made?

I made the seal test with a metal tenor RIA 9 (the most open mouthpiece I've ever tried) and it worked OK.

Anyway, you're one of the best mouthpiece techs (if not the best). Your opinion is very welcome. What do you think about these mouthpieces (SR and Guardala) in terms of construction, consistence and design?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts