Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just been looking at a horn that is similar to a MkVI though some would have you believe otherwise. I thought I'd see if The difference is noticeable so I've recorded them. Thought I'd stick a third one in to the mix so I recorded a quite different horn.

Recorded on a Zoom H4. Otto Link mouthpiece used.

Sorry about the dodgy playing and iffy tuning here and there. Tuning issues are more to do with me than the horn. (I normally play tenor.)

Which horn is the odd one out.
Which is unlacquered.
Which is the MkVI ?????

·
Registered
320 Posts
alto 3 is the VI :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
I know I can't pick one out by listening.

·
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry - please note the Order has got reversed so the first mp3 is alto3.

Are you saying the MkVI is the third track - alto1.mp3 ? or alto3.mp3?

Any guesses on what the other ones are???

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,581 Posts
Speaking for myself here, but I can't be the only one:

I usually like to listen to these types of tracks and sometimes comment, but if I have to download the sound files I just hit cancel and move on. If they are streaming sound files, I listen and enjoy. Maybe that is why there wasn't a lot of responses despite well over 200 views in just a couple days...Plus the title leads me to believe I would be looking at a photo line-up and picking out a suspect. :bluewink:

·
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe. I didn't have a means of streaming it adn I've seen plenty downloadabel files hear before. Maybe people are just sick to death of hearing about MkVIs and whether they so or son't sound different and if it is the magic brass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts