Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else using Soundslice for solo transcriptions? I just started using it to transcribe Paul Desmond’s ‘Stardust’ solo from his 1953 performance with DBQ at College of the Pacific. Enjoying the tools it offers to sync up with a web video. I’d be interested in others’ experiences with this program.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
550 Posts
Ha! Memories! I transcribed this when I was in high school back in the '50's using--what else--a needle drop on my vinyl recording. I'd be curious to see what you and the new technology come up with some 65 years later.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,789 Posts
Anyone else using Soundslice for solo transcriptions? I just started using it to transcribe Paul Desmond’s ‘Stardust’ solo from his 1953 performance with DBQ at College of the Pacific. Enjoying the tools it offers to sync up with a web video. I’d be interested in others’ experiences with this program.
Is this what people use that post transcriptions on Youtube that go along with the music?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love that Solo - been looking everywhere for a transciption of his Stardust at Oberlin college, also '53 so its probably very similar. Would love a copy when you've done it, and will check out Soundslice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts