1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Sax, Flute, Keyboard, Vocal
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Alto: Couesnon and Bettersax (by Bundy); Tenor: YTS-61; Sop: Antigua Winds 4280; C-mel: Conn
3,161 Posts
I think the Holton compares very favorably with your Buescher in this a/b demo. Sounds good.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Holton has more of a Desmond thing going on. Nice sound. Nothing wrong with it for $200. In fact if the the student is a newer player his/her parents may appreciate the softer voice. :)

Now the Buescher, definately more of a lead/bop sound. For the more experienced player like yourself thats the keeper. Well, unless you want an inexpensive back up for those softer moments.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Sax, Flute, Keyboard, Vocal
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using a Meyer 5 piece and a shure BG 4.1 mik and goldwave as a recorder. I like the Buescher tone but that pearl left hand thumbrest really bothers me. I think I'll get rid of the Buescher alto and try to get something with a decent tone and intonation on the cheap. (I"m not teaching alot so I wont' put alot of money into the alto) Thanks for the feedback. K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.