Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo Hoo!!! I just got myself a copy of Hal Leonard's 'Soul Jazz',volume 59.You know ,one of those play along books with C.D..I've got a few others, mostly Aebersold's and I get a kick out of working out tunes with the backing tracks but it's work. This book is a hoot however. The tunes are great!'Dat Dere', 'Cold Duck Time', 'Work Song' ,'Mercy, Mercy, Mercy', tunes I was already working on anyway. But now I'm into 'The Cape Verdean Blues ' and 'Unit 7' and 'Nutville', songs I'd never even heard before.Too much fun!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Off-kilter said:
Woo Hoo!!! I just got myself a copy of Hal Leonard's 'Soul Jazz',volume 59.You know ,one of those play along books with C.D..I've got a few others, mostly Aebersold's and I get a kick out of working out tunes with the backing tracks but it's work. This book is a hoot however. The tunes are great!'Dat Dere', 'Cold Duck Time', 'Work Song' ,'Mercy, Mercy, Mercy', tunes I was already working on anyway. But now I'm into 'The Cape Verdean Blues ' and 'Unit 7' and 'Nutville', songs I'd never even heard before.Too much fun!!!
Wow! Lot's of Cannonball in that book. BTW I did all those Adderley tunes on my senior recital. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts