·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About the very strange thing, I was talking about the backing track I made, I wanted to do it with my electric piano but I need some work.
Monk's tunes are a bit odd, that's the reason why I like them. There are just II V I but... It sounds mysterious, original, something that doesn't belong to any period.
I don't know how to explain it, the term would be "timeless".

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,442 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,442 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Not posted for a good while. Heres a version I done about 2 years back. Try and sort out a new version over the month. Great tune which I love and a great pick.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,761 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,303 Posts
@WarrenScottRobertson, no 1.
this is really good. Very inspiring. i get the feeling that the old Conn and the old Link were made for each other.

@Borganiboy; very good, expressive playing. You really get inside this tune. The way you state the theme is delicious.

@Lionelsax, nice low register work in the beginning, that is not easy, but you do it well. A very good take1

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
@Borganoboy; very good, expressive playing. You really get inside this tune. The way you state the theme is delicious.
Not played this back until I saw this thread. Done this take in 2013. Do more work on my new version and setup and try a different angle, I hope lol. Again though its such a gem of tune and of course Monk the genius as ever. Fantastic pick

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Soooo many different vibes on this tune, ALL amazing of course by these stellar cats. Still the Dexter version is just sooo so good and Rouse is one mean tenor dude. And Trane just rips it apart

1 - 20 of 80 Posts