Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012 October -

Hi I'm Tony
Been playing alto sax for about 2 1/2 years, not been on this website for a long time. Looking forward to all the interesting stuff, recommendations, and stories.

·
Banned
4 Posts

Hi, I'm John Murphy. I play tenor (balanced action 35xxx) and alto (mk VI) and work as professor and chair in the Division of Jazz Studies at the University of North Texas College of Music. I joined in order to learn about new music and equipment to check out. I would enjoy hearing from students who are thinking about applying to our program.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi. I'm Tyaan. I play alto sax, clarinet, and just recently picked up the bass clarinet. I'm always looking up questions about mouthpieces etc. and this site always has good answers, so I thought I'd join and ask some questions of my own. cool beans.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi my name is David. I play alto sax and was lucky enough to find some great jazz combos to play with when I was in college and medical school in St Louis. It's been about 14 years since that time and I had to put the sax away to focus on other responsibilities. Recently though I've had more time available to focus on a hobby, so I've been plugging away at jazz improvisation, and am slowly getting better. I probably cannot devote as much time to it yet until my son is more grown up and independent (he's 4 at the moment) and perhaps my daytime job slows down a bit, but I think I've still found ways to improve (albeit gradually) with the time I have.

Kudos to the creators and maintainers of this website. There are some really interesting, educational, and helpful posts here. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello to all. I currently am a trumpet player but will soon pull out the old selmer to start to learn some stuff on tenor

·
Registered
7 Posts

I live in Perthshire in Scotland and I took up tenor 13 years ago and after a lay off of several years I returned to it and found back and neck problems so I've just switched to soprano. As I've recently retired I suppose I'm a late bloomer. I just can't really understand why I put it away for so long...

I'm glad to be a member have got so much enjoyment and insight from reading the forum over the last few months,
Robin

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hello, my name is Steven and I'm a second-year Music Ed student at Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL. I play the tenor saxophone because that's what I started playing and own a professional horn of, so I've fallen into the niche of only playing tenor. Which I enjoy. I've used the forum for a while now to try and find sheet music, recordings, and recommendations, and I'm happy to join the discussion.

I'm especially interested in classical tenor saxophone repertoire, as there's a lot more out there than is easily accessible, and I'm eager to find more great pieces!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey Everyone. I'm Brad, and I just picked the sax up again after a 20-something year hiatus. Needless to say, there was nothing like this when I was starting on the sax back then. Happy to find this. By day, I'm a personal development consultant - I teach folks how to get more out of life, primarily using a process called tapping, or EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). I have a bunch of YouTube videos on quickly letting go of things that get in the way of your success and happiness. You can check 'em out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard/videos?view=0

Thanks!

Brad

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi all, my name is Jay. I registered here because I have my h-couf Superba I soprano for sale. I just played it on Saturday at my 20 year high school reunion with the marching bad. It was a great time and the sax sounded great even with my out of practice self. I litterally had not played it in 15 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Chase and I've been playing Sax for 22 years now, although I took a break while I was in the Navy for 11 years. I played during that time, just not consistently. After getting out of the Navy in 2010 and moving back to my home here in Colorado, I began playing again. A couple old friends and I started jamming and next thing we knew we were looking for a guitar front man. We found one pretty quickly and we now go by the name "Digg". We have been playing out (mostly downtown Denver) a lot recently and have been steadily picking up steam. Out fan base is growing and the feedback has been great! I came on this forum to try to help myself in becoming a better sax player. Hopefully along the line, I'll be able to help a fellow musician.

I play Alto, Tenor and Bari. Bari sax is by far my favorite. I can also play drums, piano, and most mallet instruments. My high school percussion ensemble won the Colorado State Championship my senior year and we went on to place 7th in the world. I was the pit captain and lead Marimba/Xylophone/vibes player that year. I guess I can say I'm pretty musically inclined.....as long as the instrument in question can hold my interest.

Anyway, I look forward to reading what you guys have established here on the forum. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi my name is Michael Tung and I live in Maine. Alto sax and Bb clarinets are what my family members play and love. Hope to get good information and help from this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi,
I'm from Brazil interested in bass clarinet and clarinet. Hope we can share a lot!
See you guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi,
I`m from Serbia and I`m about to buy alto saxophone.
This forum was priceless to me for a long time, and love to join it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hello. I'm Joseph De La Cruz. I'm 14, a sophomore at Hart High School, and I've playing saxophone for 8 years. A I love jazz, but I'm focusing on the classical, preferably the Creston Sonata because I'm trying out for the CBDA Honor Groups. Last year, as a freshman, I made Wind Ensemble, and doubled ensembles in Concert Band (less demanding musical literature) to help the saxophones there out (1 freshman, 3 sophomore, and 1 junior), since I've learned a lot more from marching band before. I'm in the jazz band this year on tenor, and I need some help. Nice to be here!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hi, I'm Rob, Sydney based English Sax player (long way from home!)
I'm a pro player here and lecture at the Institute of Music.
I'm currently writing my PHD on the Saxophone Solo within popular music. Looking for sources, academic writing etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello! I'm SpaceShuttleFan (obviously). I've been playing an alto sax for about 9 weeks now, and I love it. The sax seems to be a very customizable instrument, with all the mouthpieces and necks and reeds. Right now, I'm on a plain old Jupiter student model (albeit a solid plain old Jupiter student model) and trying reeds out to find that perfect reed. I can't wait to learn more about this awesome instrument!

41 - 60 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.