Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012 October -

hi all, im in a new world here. im new to the sax and new to this type of web. i used to be a biker in my youth and some years ago in my 30s i decided to take it up again and became what is called a born agin biker. 20 years later im re visting something i once tried . i had a few claranet leesons, was rubbish and gave up. now in my 50s ive bought a alto sax and loving it. only been playing a few months but cant put it down. ive today been naughty and bought a second hand atremis tenor...... tried to blow it on a 2.5 reed ( im only on a 1.5 for the alto ) and it was terriblel. anyone got any suggestions for an improved mouthpiece ? i bought a yamaha for my alto an that made a big difference over the trevor james one that came with the alto horn. please forgive the silly question that will follow. plus not sure how these web sites work so , even more to learn. thanks mike

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Fred and I have been playing saxophone for about 10 years (but other instruments much longer). I've been reading the forum here for years but finally decided to join.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi this is Harrison. I've been playing since fourth grade and am currently a student musician in college. I study both jazz and classical alto and soprano.

·
Banned
1 Posts

Hello Everyone,
My name is James-ace and I have had a fondness for Sax my whole life. I enjoy listening to saxophones, playing them, buying and selling them, and even fixing them. A goal I have is to acquire an entire collection of True-Tone Saxophones and so far I am about halfway there! Recently I started working on a website to see reeds by the single so that people can try out a wide variety of reeds without having to spend all the money to commit to a box of reeds they have never played before (www.reedsbythesingle.com) . The website is still a work in progress but I think it will work out pretty well. I am excited to have finally signed up for the forum at SOTW after years of reading through this sites wonderful articles/information.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Greetings all, I've been playing saxophone for well over 8 years and from the range of alto sax, soprano sax (curved), and even MIDI instrument (Akai EWI4000s)! Hope to learn from you all and thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hi everyone! I'm Carol, a relatively new sax player but have been playing several instruments since I was 6 or so. I'm so glad I've found this forum, such good info and nice people who share my passion for music! A couple people have asked about my username. Why gliders? Because I have 2 of the most awesome little sugar gliders on the planet! I've had Heidi and Houdini for almost 9 years and they are my children.......

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello world of sax, USA based. I learned about you from the British version (Saxophone Cafe) and am so glad I found ya! I am at my desk in the outrageously beautiful Scottish Borders for my final day of work. It is 16:15 and I'll be off onto a new chapter in my life in minutes. Even at 63 yrs it's an exciting time, and I thought to share it with you, my brothers and sisters in saxophonia. My Selmer Mark VI Soprano has been my inspiration from the moment I saw it in the store window in Victoria BC,1971. It has travelled with me around the world and we have had many great experiences...with many more to come. I will raise my glass to you all when celebrating tonight. It is an honour and a privilege to be part of the tradition.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Hello! I'm Seth and work in sales. I play Jazz saxophone and own a Vintage Conn New Wonder ll - Alto. Most commonly known as a Conn Chu Berry.

It's plays wonderful and i am on this site to both better myself and my knowledge on my horn.

Greetings to you all!

-Seth

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi. My name is Dominick. I'm a novice Tenor player. I took lessons about 30 years ago, and I gave it up because of work responsibilities. I always dug sax music. Now I'm semi retired and have time on my hands to get back into it. I have a Selmer Mark VI that I was lucky to get (at the right place at the right time). After browsing some of the forum discussions I think I can learn a lot here.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello. My name is Terry from the UK
Have just purchased a Yamaha YAS62 alto silver plated.
Play sax in a soul / funk band and look forward to checking out this forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey guys. Despite many recommendations to the contrary I started with a soprano saxophone. I have the most passion for the soprano and I figured that would motivate me more than having it be easier but having me be less pleased with the sound overall. I am having an absolute blast. Yes it's hard but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be from what everyone was telling me. I bought a student model Antigua Winds in black nickel and gold keys from Junkdude. I got it a couple weeks ago and can play a few tunes somewhat in tune. I think starting on the soprano would be much harder if you don't have a well trained ear. Luckily I already play a couple other instruments and sing so my ear is pretty well trained so I know how flat I get sometimes but it is still a total blast.

·
Longtime Member, New Accont. Marketplace Eligible.
1,922 Posts

Hello everyone been playing tenor and alto for a bit over 2o years i like old school melodic jazz.... Ben Webster, Scott Hamilton. I was a member 10 years ago but did not recall my user name so decided to rejoin.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.