Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm filling-in for Frank who is absent at the moment (so forgive my clumbsyness :bluewink: )
I'm here to announce that TOTM is Night and Day

--Have fun.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,303 Posts
i just tried it and it worked, i am not very computer savy, so i don't know what to do. The link works from my Mac.

·
4,241 Posts
i just tried it and it worked, i am not very computer savy, so i don't know what to do. The link works from my Mac.
mascio, goto your box account , open your box, to the right of the tune title there will be a share tab, click on that and it will give you a share link, copy it and post it here

·
3,303 Posts
Thanks Rufusax, i tried again and i apologize for my incompetence.

·
4,241 Posts
mascio, that was very cool indeed, you've realy got a good sound man. that was very nice playing. you got a real Getz thing goin on... i like the bass and sax thing but i think less reverb would have been better in that it distracts the listener away from your playing. in my opinion effects should be used to enhance not distract. very good take and welcome aboard

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,963 Posts
Well, I did a recording of this in BIAB, which was the first time I've tried that, and I was going to post it, but when I listened back to it out of biab, it didn't have any audio. I'll try and figure out what went wrong tomorrow, although I'm going to have to re-record... :(

I tried to do it in Audacity, but couldn't use the BIAB backing. Wouldn't let the midi play in Audacity, which I found a little weird. I'd much prefer to play in audacity than BIAB, so anyone ever had this problem, or can someone direct me to a good MP3 backing. I found one that was at a tempo of 230, and couldn't slow it down without it distorting badly. Some help would be much appreciated.

Excellent recording mascio, you have a wonderful sound. I have yet to get a good reverb sound, so I applaud you there, even though I'd agree with Rufus on possibly too much. Excellent take

·
3,303 Posts
He is a guy named Mac. i wrote the bass line in Garage Band using the notation feature and then tweaked it using the midi control.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
I took my horn to the office yesterday - an old building on one of the canals in Amsterdam with a natural reverb. With the holidays i'm the only one working, so here presented a nice opportunity itself for a recording. It's off the cuff, and therefore a bit sprawling, but i hope you'll enjoy just the same.

night and mist

Reine

1 - 20 of 172 Posts