Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
3,286 Posts
Congratulations Harri! You guys do a great job, and I'm sure the new server will only make the experience better. Thanks, and good luck.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,212 Posts
woo hoo

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
:eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion: :salute: :notworth: :notworth: :salute: :eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion:

You're a good man, Harri. THANKS!!!!

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,052 Posts
Thank you harri! for the forum and all of your work to keep it running better and better :).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
27,199 Posts
Harri, have you made the installation yet?

The Board seems to be whizzing along incredibly quicker than usual! [If not, maybe this is just a particularly good time.] Wow, I don't know about y'all, but, my head's spinning. :)

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Harri, have you made the installation yet?

The Board seems to be whizzing along incredibly quicker than usual! [If not, maybe this is just a particularly good time.] Wow, I don't know about y'all, but, my head's spinning. :)
Jazzbluescat,
keep spinning for the next two years. I guess we are now set for significant growth.

Yes, the installation was finished approx. one hour ago. However, for the last 45 minutes the forum was running slow because there was a full back-up going on on the old server.

Briefly, what was done:
  1. The SOTW Forum database along with MySQL was transferred to a second server housed by the same ISP. With RAID1 it is running like a speeding bullet.
  2. The http-process was optimized on the old server to get some speed improvements, now when datbase handling is gone. The Forum seems to be running much faster now overall, and I am using it from Finland. Would be interesting to hear some more comparisons from the North America and elsewhere, too.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have found it incredibly faster and I'm in the midwest! I'm literally waiting for 1-2 seconds when I click a link and then the page is up . Way better than the min I was waiting before. Thanks Harri! :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
Interesting, I've never really had any performance problems at all. Pages have always loaded in a second or two for me. I guess I'm just special.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Interesting, I've never really had any performance problems at all. Pages have always loaded in a second or two for me. I guess I'm just special.
They say everything's better in California. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
Who is the host, anyways? Are they in Cali?

EDIT: Out of curiosity, WHOIS shows GoDaddy as the host, and if I remember correctly they have data centers in Phoenix, AZ and Cedar Rapids, IA.... So no, I don't live THAT near the data center...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts