Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to sacto to see TomS from SOTW. Flew to Vegas to see Cash Ferrar. I plan to fly to Atlanta to see C Sharp (richard thurgood). Who are you planning to see. Now in my future I want to go to Alburquerque to see the town and whomever wants to get together. K (plus I'm trying to talk Ed Hara into flying up here to sonoma to see me?) K

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Keith Ridenhour said:
I drove to sacto to see TomS from SOTW. Flew to Vegas to see Cash Ferrar. I plan to fly to Atlanta to see C Sharp (richard thurgood). Who are you planning to see.
Fly me out to California and you can see me. :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
Venus t&a
951 Posts
Keith, If you come to Albuquerque, you MUST stop by. You could even stay here if you like, if you don't mind 4 dogs and 2 cats.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mope said:
Keith, If you come to Albuquerque, you MUST stop by. You could even stay here if you like, if you don't mind 4 dogs and 2 cats.
Four dogs and two cats?
You Americans certainly know how to make sandwiches.:) :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
I stopped by Merlin's new shop while I was in Toronto a few months ago but he wasn't there--he was doing some kind of clinic. Looked like he was giving the place a complete overhaul though. Go Merlin!

Rory

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
The only guys I've flown to see are Cash and you Keith on the same Vegas trip you mentioned. It was awesome! I've seen a few other guys locally. I'm planning a trip out west in late February and plan to get together with saxmanglen.

·
4,147 Posts
I went to go se Heavyweather77 and Snarky Puppy last night but couldn't find the venue after walking around Bloomington for an hour.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,215 Posts
Martinman said:
I went to go se Heavyweather77 and Snarky Puppy last night but couldn't find the venue after walking around Bloomington for an hour.
Where were they playing?

·
4,147 Posts
hakukani said:
Where were they playing?

Max's Place. Which is odd, because I have heard that all they pay for gigs is pizza...

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Dr_sax said:
:drunken: Anybody coming to the oktoberfest here in munich? It´s starting soon.:drunken:
I wouldn't even come close. :shock:

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
martysax said:
Y'all should come to Boston this fall. Check my band out, and see Emilio!
I am planning on it! Well, all except for the Emilio part.

Steve

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,393 Posts
I will be going to see Randall in Fukuoka as soon as i can find the time,not too many of us here in japan.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,215 Posts
Martinman said:
Max's Place. Which is odd, because I have heard that all they pay for gigs is pizza...
To get there, walk down Kirkwood to the square, turn right on the first street on the square, go up a couple of blocks.

They probably pay local bands pizzas.

When I at IU Max's Place was called 'Oscar's'. I did one of my first paid sound gigs there, and at the old Bluebird. I also saw this short guy with big hair who called himself 'Johnny Cougar'. Later he changed it back to Mellencamp. He had a really great drummer.

ahh, memories...

Anyway, I hope someone will want to come see me if they get the venue finished where they've promised to give our little big band a weekly gig.

·
565 Posts
I think it's great to be a part of this community and to share a common passion. For me, it's all about making the journey as good as the destination.

·
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back from Atlanta

I had a great time visiting Richard and his lovely wife at their Atlanta digs. We had a great time, heard music out most nights and in general, like Richard says. We are lucky to be a part of this community. K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,458 Posts
I'm taking Martysax to a football game in December. I'm in the process of stocking up on single malt scotch in the coming months and should be set by the time he gets here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
"So where the bloody hell are you?"

Much as I'd love to visit, it's hard to leave a place like this;

So why don't you all lob down under for a holiday, and I'll throw a few more shrimp on the Barbie?

I'll even throw in a free ride home. Can't ask for more than that.

Just be sure you don't bring any drugs with you. In Thailand, they shoot you if they find drugs on you. Down here in the land of Oz, they'll mistake you for Ben Cousins and you'll have the press all over you like white on rice.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts