Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Quick and dirty, on a very lazy backing

Ciao

Reactions: J-Moen and Brendan

Registered
Jared - I like that alto version, the tempo works ! In the recent tenor take I noticed you hanging around one note (3:30 ish) .. I was getting into it !
Alex - perfect as usual. I am of two minds with regards to the tempo. Yes I know to play fast we should learn it slow .. but I also get tired of having to slow things down .. end results be damned !! 馃槃

Reactions: J-Moen

TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Very relaxing and musical Guido - the polar opposite of my noise !

Take 2 - Keeping the head in time is harder without that unison backing track !
Of course there is no time in the solo ... 馃槚

https://soundcloud.com/brendan-sax%2Foleo
I know how fast I get behind on the melody playing at that tempo without the guide piano tones. But you kept up and ran through this awesomely! Loved the repeated pattern at 1:15! And the long string at about 2 minutes was stellar. Awesome fun take Brendan!

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Jared - I like that alto version, the tempo works ! In the recent tenor take I noticed you hanging around one note (3:30 ish) .. I was getting into it !
Haha, I was trying to think of anything to do over that odd breakdown in the backing track, and decided a repeated short phrase there was as good as I could get! :) Thanks for the kind words.

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quick and dirty, on a very lazy backing

Ciao
Love the way you swung it through the B section on this one Guido! You've got a great laid back swinging feel on this track, and it really fits your playing style. Beautiful approach and awesome execution! Thanks for sharing

Registered
Been a bit lazy - same realbook and fingerings, same backing (tried the highspeed one first - nope ;) ).
One track with bari
and one with nino

All the best to everyone!

Reactions: J-Moen and Brendan

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Been a bit lazy - same realbook and fingerings, same backing (tried the highspeed one first - nope ;) ).
One track with bari
and one with nino

All the best to everyone!
Love turn you put on the melody! Sounds really fun. Great choice in tempo on this tune, I really like the flow of that backing. Both recordings sounding great!

Bari - Full and robust! What a sound in the mid/low range. A bit of chirping in the upper register though. Your solo seemed to flow extremely well and build on itself in each verse. Great playing!

The 'Nino - Still amazed how great of a control you have on this little beast. Another great solo, some really well devised lines. Some step out in places, but in a good way. Love when the execution flows in and out at will. Loved the ending you put in too. Great playing!

Registered
normaly my chirps sound like this
so I like these tiny bari birds, too 馃悿

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
normaly my chirps sound like this
so I like these tiny bari birds, too 馃悿
Well my recent overtone issue has started sounding like this:

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks everyone for the contributions this month! I had a blast burning around this tune (quite poorly I may add). But this was a lot of fun and I appreciate everyone who contributed. That said, The month is nearing its end, and I wanted to say Taragot will be the host for April 2022 B&I TOTM! Looking forward to another great month, and if anyone has any final submissions planned I look forward to hearing them! (I may have one myself :D).

TOTM administrator
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the contributions this month. I had a blast learning this one and trying to get this interesting rhythm down. Here is the results of my final playthrough, which wasn't my favorite soloing, but love the blend I got from Soprano, Alto and Tenor on the new microphone!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.