Sax on the Web Forum banner

SOTW and Jerry Bergonzi: Workshop and Masterclass

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tristanhall 
#1 ·
In Oct./08, SOTW through the facilities of Chris Collins of Wayne State University and BandDirector.com, broadcast, online, a live masterclass, workshop, and concert with Jerry Bergonzi. Were you able to catch that broadcast?

If not, videos are posted on Banddirector.com. Here's the link. The videos with Jerry Bergonzi are near the bottom on the page
http://music.wayne.edu/tenormadness.php

#6 ·
This was so totally cool... I've only really ever heard Mr. Bergonzi count in the tunes on the play alongs... and then to see a treasure trove of stuff I'm really excited... I watched the first clip, and then started the second one and thought "I've gotta take a break"... pressed pause and went outside for a coffee... obviously for those in attendance they would have waited outside for a little bit, I had just finished doing some practice when I started watching them...

The thing I couldn't get over was how he was so full of energy and enthusiasm. I've only watched the 'interactive workshop' so far… however with the rest of stuff on there… it looks like I've got 'breaks' this week sorted out, because I'll be watching the Mr. Bergonzi stuff. He seems so nice and open and a totally cool dude. Maybe I'm just excited because there's lots of footage of him talking. Everybody and anybody who has ever got lessons from him are really lucky people.

Kind regards,

Tris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.