Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo everyone.
I have owned a few soprano mpcs,lots of Selmer C* ,D E,and a E Soloist Vintage that is still here,also a Slant Florida HR 5,which I traded a while back.
Now I also owne a fabulous Morgan Vintage reworked on by a member here that I really dig.I am very interested in Lamberson sop mpcs.
About those Lamberson,I hear tha they are killer soprano mmpcs.
Can you compare those Lamberson F major7 to a Vintage Soloist ,mind is an original E,and quiet dark sounding too!
Thanks
Saxobari

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fore me the Fmaj has more high in the sound and it can go so loud you can. The tipopening feels smaller than it is.
A good soloist had a nice centre and is sweeter and darker sounding.

It depends on the player and the soprano if the combination is nice.

I like them both.

·
Premium Member
15,499 Posts
The Lambersons sound fuller, fatter, and speak the best. Great hard rubber. They have more highs in the sound than a Soloist and you can put all the air you want into these pieces! They both have those smaller round chambers. The fmaj7 has a little bullet chamber like the bergs.

I've had more soloist sops in here than I can put a number to, and the fmaj7 sops I have owned kill them!

My friend who plays sax for Smokey Robinson has used an fmaj7 sop for over a decade. Its his main sop piece and he loves it.

I have one fmaj7 sop for sale with original tube. Its a much bigger tip than the soloist E.

Mine measures .072, and an original soloist E is around .055 or so.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re : Re: Soprano Selemer Soloist E vs Lamberson Fmajor7

Allo 10mFan
Thanks for the reply,and also for the first time I really know that it is probably a .55 or around that since it is original and does sound great except I fell it is a bit too closed.So those Lamberson are fantastic too,Man I wish I could try one one day,,and probably will when I get a chance too.
My option might and will be to send it to a guy that will analyse it and do some little modifications on,or will simply trdae it later for maybe a Lamberson,,who knows.
Thanks again for the reply!
Best regards
Mario

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Jacco ,
I know that the Soloist is a great dark and rich sounding mpc,,maybe Ill have mind reface to a larger opening .
Best regards
Saxobari

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Mario another factor that isn't mentioned. The Lamberson sopranos have a shallow beak profile. I've had a few and I could never get used to that feature. Selmer Soloist pieces are inconsistant. I have an E now that is excellent but I've had several that weren't..they weren't handmade like Fred's just a good stock piece.
best M

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allo Mike
I will probably sent it to someone that I am in contact now to have a look and probably will do some modification If needed,though I might consider trading it ,,but have nt taking that decision yet since it did belonged to a good friend and musicien I use to know.
Now are you still on Soloist,or you are on Lamberson,not sure If I understood that!
Thanks again
Regards
Saxobari

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
I have a Selmer E Soloist I got from Kritavi on here. The table was flattened by Brian Powell other than that it's original. I've also got a D Soloist and a fluted 60's metal Selmer. Lambersons are great if you can get used to the beak which I couldn't. A piece I'm interested in is the Theo after hearing it on Steve Neff's site,

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Allo Mike
Ok,,I understand now.
My Soloist will be sented soon.
Thanks for your advice and reply on this.
Mario

1 - 9 of 9 Posts