Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this in-bell stand Flanger FS-004. Solid construction, does the job, except that it doesn't fit in my soprano case due to the protruded base plastic screw. The screw knob sticks out by about 5mm from the stand base bottom.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 7.53.47 PM.jpg

K&M has a very similarly designed one (model 15290). If anyone owns one, would you please look whether it has the same issue? Would you post a profile picture of its base please?

Thanks!

Distinguished SOTW Member
I have the K&M in-the-bell soprano stand. It has a protruding base plate much like the one in the photo you attached . . . maybe a 1/4" protrusion. However, my sopranos still fit in most cases with the stand in the bells . . . only my Conn case is a problem. That's because on the edge of the Conn case there is a protrusion that goes in the bell to stabilize the horn - that interferes with the stand. DAVE

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
I use the K&M, and it looks much the same - sticks out about 5mm from flush.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
That鈥檚 unfortunate. I had hopes K&M would have thought of making the feet screw head fit inside the stand volume. Oh well, thanks for checking.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
Yeah, I had the K&M for a straight VI soprano. It wouldn't fit in the stock case, but actually helped the horn fit better in an Anvil Calzone case.

Forum Contributor 2008-2017
I have the K&M and it does protrude and initially would not fit my Yamaha YSS475 case however the case material at the bell was easy to make an indention in and now it makes the soprano fit the case even better than before.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it will depend on each situation. Mine is a 1920's Martin in a J Winter greenline case. It fits perfectly with maybe 1~2 mm of slack in the length. The case walls on both ends are made of a flat hard material (plastic or wood?) with little cushion. The stand without the base fits tightly but with the base inside it, it doesn't.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
I guess it will depend on each situation. Mine is a 1920's Martin in a J Winter greenline case. It fits perfectly with maybe 1~2 mm of slack in the length. The case walls on both ends are made of a flat hard material (plastic or wood?) with little cushion. The stand without the base fits tightly but with the base inside it, it doesn't.
Good call in not using that stand with the Greenline case - in the event of an end-on drop, the shock would be transmitted straight into your horn. That's not a place to wedge a hard piece of plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts