Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a modest makeover of my SOPRANOPLANET website soon, and one addition will be a page devoted to special recordings featuring the soprano, sopranino and soprillo saxes.

In the last 18 months, folks worldwide have turned me on to wonderful music made on these instruments, by performers I did not know. It seems like it would be a good idea to pass some of that along on a regular basis and help spread the word about real people making real music.

So, if you have discs that feature any or all of these horns and you'd like to have it considered for feature selection, let me know.

There will not be any audio link, but there will be a brief statement by me about the music, and information on how the disc can be obtained directly from the artist or label or distributor, not through Sopranoplanet.

I plan to feature only one or possibly two recordings at any one time, and to update it perhaps every 2 weeks or so.

Style or genre doesn't matter, and it need not be a new release. What matters is that the small saxes are featured prominently.

Let me know if you have any such recordings, and keep an eye out for that new element on SOPRANOPLANET.

Play on.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
727 Posts
Very interesting Joe, I will keep an eye on your webpage-
Maybe then, after that, we could be baptised to "The First Church of Sopranology":)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
COOL..i am looking forward to the webpage makeover and then the special recordings or discography. always a pleasure Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts