Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm in a bit of quandary at the moment. Sonny's playing the Barbican in London in November and tickets are £60, that's $120 at today's exchange rate. Which seems high compared with prices at other venues around the world where Sonny's due to play. I love Sonny but am choking slightly at paying that much. Plus I'll have to travel from Germany for the gig, which I wouldn't mind if I didn't feel I was getting stiffed on the tickets. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, sorry JimD, I should have said, £60 is for the good seats, although this does seem to include most of the seats on the Barbican website and on the one or two others I've seen. I don't think I've seen any at £50. If you could recommend a website to buy tickets from I'd be grateful.

Thinking about it, I'd actually pay the £60 if I was going on my own. I think my main concern is that I'd end up going with the schoolfriend I usually stay with when I'm in London. He's only a "casual" jazz fan and was reluctant to spend the money (he's more of a Glastonbury kind of guy, thinks sitting down at gigs spoils the atmosphere ... go figure) but said he would go if I wanted to.

I'd probably be happy just watching Sonny fix his reed for an hour and a half, but I don't want the hassle of feeling responsible if my friend doesn't enjoy himself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Saxplayer67 said:
Is it the Barbican screwing us or the artists?
I've got a feeling it's the Barbican. The top price for a ticket to hear Sonny in most other venues seems to be around the $75 mark. Good old rip-off Britain ... makes me wonder why I'm planning to move back. Still, at least all the art galleries and museums in Scotland are free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts