Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,441 Posts
Yeah, a Martin that has been neglected. Just look at those disgusting dusty rusted Springs. Soooo wrong!
The optional pad models don’t play very well. However installing pads along with downloading some TLC they can be quite enjoyable providing it includes a neck.

·
Registered
JS Crescent, JS NOS, Selmer SBA, Couf Superba I, Conn, Buescher, King
1,531 Posts
LOL

I forget where I came across this info, but a tech that works for one of the "10 most famous saxophonists of the last 20 years" (my term, for a realistic but basically subjective category) once said that his famous client (alto player, single-handedly responsible for 140K series MKVI altos being highly valued) didn't want him to set up the lowest 4 or 5 notes of the saxophone at all, because he doesn't use them.

Low C, C#, B, Bb...who needs them? Those notes are for chumps.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,632 Posts
I saw that one on Ebay because I look for Martins in that condition. I wasn't interested because it looked like the bottom low Bb post had been knocked loose and the seller didn't mention that. I don't care if the pads are gone. But a missing post is a problem. Plus, look at the close-ups on the rusted rod shown in one post. That's the kind of moisture damage that will give you fits. Overall, it looked like a rebuilding nightmare. Pass.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts