Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, SOTW! Here are a couple new-ish videos from my jazz-funk fusion band, Progger. These are from a show we did earlier this year at our home base, One2One Bar in Austin, TX. We had a couple great guests filling in on this one, brothers Charles Reid (drums) and Zach Reid (keys), who are both phenomenal. This is also the last show we did before our Bassist, Nick Clark, moved out to Los Angeles to join Kanye's band. Darn that Kanye, stealing my bassist... (Good for Nick, though, he's long deserved a name-brand gig like that!)

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
481 Posts
Real nice, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I watched that first video. I like it. Not sure how you would describe your work conceptually, but I liked the way that tune builds up and crescendos. There is a lot well-developed tension there. I get the feeling of something being pushed to the edge just short of everything dissolving into chaos. Every player in that band seems equally essential.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Nice band! I just discovered it few days ago where you posted your earlier recordings in this thread
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?p=3975824
Alot of your music reminded me of latest Chris Potter album Circuits.

Отправлено с моего POCO F1 через Tapatalk

·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alot of your music reminded me of latest Chris Potter album Circuits.
Interesting! I've never actually listened to that album. I've listened to a lot of Chris Potter over the years, though, particularly in the Dave Holland Quintet and his first "Underground" album. He's one of the greatest ever, no question.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not up on contemporary Jazz, Fusion, Funk, etc.. Recently been watching some Snarky Puppy clips that really left me feeling a little grossed out about modern Fusion/Jazz. But thank you for sharing because it's restored my faith in humanity. You guys are givin' it.

·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not up on contemporary Jazz, Fusion, Funk, etc.. Recently been watching some Snarky Puppy clips that really left me feeling a little grossed out about modern Fusion/Jazz. But thank you for sharing because it's restored my faith in humanity. You guys are givin' it.
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts