Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
Swamp thanks for the heads up. Just got the iRealB. I can't print... but the program is killer. I've contacted support to see if they help me. Other than that is a tremendous resource. Already put it to use today on a rehearsal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello all,

great stuff. iRealB rules! :)

Does anyone know any app similar to transcribe! ?

The purpose is to find an application that can slow down one mp3 file without changing the pitch.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
erbuncho
Hello all,

as an update on this issue, if anyone is interested, I found one good app for the purpose.

Audio Speed Changer

Best regards,
erbuncho

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,484 Posts
Any new updates?
Didn't want to start a new thread since this one has some good info already that doesn't need to be needlessly ignored.

I've been doing okay with my old tuner and metronome but have heard good things about Tunable and Waves (formerly gStrings)

Had my smart phone, Verizon/Motorola Droid Mini for a while now and would like to install a metronome/tuner combo app.
(Doesn't have to be free)

So advice and options out there now?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
IRealB is amazing!

Fakebook is also worth checking out it basically sorts every and any Real or Fake book into a handy searchable catalog. The app provides the necessary book import "links" too ;) in C, Bb and Eb.
Pretty handy little app :mrgreen:

V

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This is one sweet thread, glad someone revived it! I'll have to check out some of the apps mentioned above.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm using "Music speed changer Pro" for slowing down Solos I'm learning. It's quite good and it has a free ad-supported trial version.
I started using "Time Guru" which is something like a Metronome on steroids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Amazing Slowdowner is the best app for slowing down a song without affecting the pitch.

I also use Cleartune (for intonation) or Da Tunter, both are great. Cleartune gives me a bit more focused result.
Also i use i real B whenever i need it, sometimes just for some drum backings (without bass and piano)
Tempo - metronome app that is i think from iphone transfered to android. Its best metronome app for me.
high q recorder - best quality for audio recordings.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Drumgenius is a great app. 400 great sounding drumloops, it's great for practicing odd meters and the cool thing is that the patterns is played like different drummers. For example you have ''7/4 Brian Blade on still punching that rock'', ''11/8 Ari Hoenig on Arrows and loops'', 11/4 Eric Harland and many more. Than there is also a lot of different 4/4 swing and even patterns based on Elvin, Tony Williams, Art Blakey, Jimmy Cobb and many more based on the modern guys. Great and pretty cheap. I found it very helpful practicing odd meters because I always find it difficult to practise that with the metronome.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts