Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gifted a new sax stand about a year ago, a Hercules alto stand with a soprano attachment. I love how sturdy it feels and it does fold up very compactly, but recently, the felt bag it came with started falling apart. The fibers are coming off on everything... not to mention I’m running out of limbs to carry everything, so I’ve been strapping it to the front of my Keilworth case.

It’s impractical, but I’m not ready to invest in the saxxy in-bell stand. Any solutions you guys have come across for transporting your Hercules stand?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,409 Posts
I use a Hercules baritone stand and I carry it in one of two bags depending on the circumstances; either a small 'overnight' bag or in my larger gear bag with a lot of other stuff, including my tenor/alto stand. Both of them have a shoulder strap.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,812 Posts
My Hercules stand (alto-tenor) fits in the side pocket of my Protec. If you want to use a separate bag as you appear to doing now, you may look around the hose and see if there is something but otherwise something like a tripod stand carrying case should be available but they are expensive, a cheap soprano bag?

K&M makes bags.......https://www.thomann.de/gb/km_14303_sax_stand_bag.htm

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Annabella, I’m sure you can repurpose any small and slimmer shaped gym or duffle bag but this might also be an opportunity to seriously look at a contoured alto case with an outside pocket that can fit your stand as well. The protec that Milandro mentions would be a good choice if you’re limited with your budget.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Yes, the yellow Hercules bags are not very sturdy. I never use them all by themselves to carry the stand(s). I usually have to bring a music stand with me, so I put the Hercules stand or stands inside the big Manhasset bag, which I carry with the shoulder strap. Or, sometimes I use a rolling Gard double case to transport my alto and tenor. There are zippered compartments on each side of the Gard bag that are big enough to hold Hercules stands neatly.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If a combo case interests you, I keep my Hercules stand and soprano peg in the front pocket of a Protec alto/soprano double case. The larger vertical pockets inside the main pocket are the perfect height - I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are there for that express purpose. I can highly recommend that case

Any small duffel bag will work as well. That's what I normally use for my double stand and bari stand plus other miscellaneous junk like my Nalgene bottle. You can line the inside with a cutting from a cheapo foam sleeping bag pad from Walmart to make it more comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts