Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a gig on short notice playing a Sunday Brunch at a local food hall. I don't have time to get backing tracks for all of my songs, so I plan on just playing melodies. It's a two hour gig. Gonna play a lot of standards and mix in some modern songs for the younger crowds. Has anybody done this before? Solo with no accompaniment?

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
I got a gig on short notice playing a Sunday Brunch at a local food hall. I don't have time to get backing tracks for all of my songs, so I plan on just playing melodies. It's a two hour gig. Gonna play a lot of standards and mix in some modern songs for the younger crowds. Has anybody done this before? Solo with no accompaniment?
You could get a bass drum..........instant self-accompaniment. :twisted:

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Ive done four hour solo gigs at our race track for the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cups.
The people were just walking by on their way in so they weren’t sitting there.
Get a piano or guitar player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts