Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a solo gig for a long term care facility Christmas dinner tonight. Flute, clarinet, soprano, alto and penny whistle.

My charts were on ForScore on my iPad Pro, Airturn BT-105 for page turns, tracks played back through my iPhone 7 with the Go Button app, and into the Fishman Mini Loudbox via a small Bluetooth receiver.

View attachment 222484

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Nice setup. I can't afford an iPad big enough to read charts, so I use a cheap Android tablet running Mobile Sheets Pro. I have about 3,000 charts on it - all my sax quartet and big band repertoire plus several fake books. I've tried and failed using bluetooth page turners. I just tap to turn where possible, or make notes for myself or switch to landscape where taps are not possible. I put my tablet on a regular music stand and have hard copies of most of the tunes in my sets nearby just in case my tablet crashes. That's never happened in the few years I've been using a tablet, but I can't help being paranoid about the possibility.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
<tongue-in-cheek>
That's a nice setup - but wouldn't it have been cheaper just to hire a piano player???
</tongue-in-cheek>

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
If you have an alto flute, give that a spin. Works especially well on bossas and similar. For pure personal taste I like alto flute better than C flute anyway. I'm in good company there; Theobald Boehm pretty much played only alto flute the last years of his life (he was a performer and composer as much as an inventor).

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have an alto flute, give that a spin. Works especially well on bossas and similar. For pure personal taste I like alto flute better than C flute anyway. I'm in good company there; Theobald Boehm pretty much played only alto flute the last years of his life (he was a performer and composer as much as an inventor).
Nice idea. Part of the reason I'm using this particular collection of horns is that I wrote my charts for a guest ent show on ships, and wanted to keep things easy to transport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts