Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I probably shouldn't be spending time or money on this right now, I came across a bari sax at a pretty good price (I was thinking) so I started researching if the was true. I found the Solist Bar on Kessler's site. It is a Yani B901 copy. Anyone out there had the chance to play it that could comment on it.

Hopefully I am not repeating something else that is already on the site, but I didn't have any luck using the search function.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,826 Posts
of course there is the possibility that this is a weltklang solist

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,129 Posts
Solist or Soloist? (spelling)

·
38,826 Posts
I think " soloist" is a Selmer mouthpiece while Solist can be a famous Weltklang model or a less famous Kessler name for an Asian stencil with their name on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Kessler Music house brand horn made for them is the SOLIST baritone. As stated on the Kessler site it is a computer copy of the Yani B-901. I recently purchased
one and it is everything they say it is. For half the price of a Yani it looks, feels, plays, and sounds like the Yani. If that is what one is looking for, as I was, just do it as is said.

·
38,826 Posts
and they say that they sell a product in breach of intellectual property...........that's very ..........unusual......... to say something like that that exposes you, potentially to a law suit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
and they say that they sell a product in breach of intellectual property...........that's very ..........unusual......... to say something like that that exposes you, potentially to a law suit.
Yup. Interesting comments, to say the least. I'm curious to know how their horn is different enough to avoid litigation.

Solist Low A Baritone Sax
Yanagisawa B901 Copy

·
38,826 Posts
yes, you could get away if you say is inspired to other saxophones, but to quote brand and model is looking for trouble

1 - 10 of 10 Posts