Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold three tenors lately and none of them were mine. The first, an elderly player needed help selling his MK VI tenor, and he needed the cash fast. I did the sale for him with no commission and was glad to help.
He's 87 and just recently retired from music!
Amazingly at the same time, I got a text from a friend who had two saxes to get rid of and asked if I wanted them, and if not, they were going to Goodwill. Funny, I procured both of them for his son 20 years ago who was starting in band. The first one was destroyed in an 'accident' - they said 'the case closed on it'. After seeing it, I thought 'Yeah, and then he stomped on it.'. The horn was toast, so I offered it here on the forum for shipping cost. Someone took it to practice their dent work on. The second one was nearly new, and I had to work on it for a day or so, just tweaking, cleaning/oiling and testing. I sold this one on ebay too, and a high school kid got it for a 'song'. :) He was elated when he actually received it.
Both of these horns were 'The Woodwind' and came from WWBW. I got a few of these for people back then and they were all decent horns, just needing a little tweaking and testing before delivery.
I guess if I could do this every month, I would only lose about $5000 a year! What a business! But seriously, I actually enjoy doing this stuff and the little I got for the better WWBW horn paid my commission for the MK VI sale, so it was like 'instant Kharma'! Plus, it felt good to be of some help to the sax world in general.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
{deleted}

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get me wrong, I love to make a buck! :) But this was just a series of coincidences that worked out for everybody involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts