Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fake Book in C and Bb. I want to take some of these lead sheets ( which I cannot find in other books) and convert them to C bass Clef and Eb as it is not printed for them and the producer did not think enough people would buy those books so he did not make them. I was playing a gig last night with several of these lead sheet and the trombone player asked if I would convert these so he he didn't have to transpose so much.

What software works the best for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have no experience with the software but I think Photoscore Music Scanning Software can probably do something like that. I think it works in combination with Sibelius.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've tried pretty much every program that does what you're talking about and I've got to tell you, every single program has made so many errors importing the sheet music that its always faster for me to just sit down with Finale and manually input whatever I'm trying to do. I'm not as fast as some people, but after a couple of months worth of practice I can reproduce an individual part out of a standard big band score in about 45 minutes (articulations, special notes, chord changes, the works). I can do a leadsheet in about 10. My suggestion is to pick up a copy of Finale NotePad for $10 and go about it that way.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,345 Posts
I have no experience with the software but I think Photoscore Music Scanning Software can probably do something like that. I think it works in combination with Sibelius.
I have tried to use Photoscore Lite in conjunction with Sibelius 6. I have to agree with Seth. I just don't think the technology is there yet. I even tried opening some PDFs I created directly from Sibelius, and I couldn't believe how many errors there were, as well as missing data. The rougher the PDF (and scanned ones are usually pretty rough), the worse the results will be.

Perhaps the full blown version of Photoscore is better, but I'm not sure I would spend the money yet.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
they never get the accidentals right either..........even if its what you wanna call successful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts