Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
JS Crescent, JS NOS, Selmer SBA, Couf Superba I, Conn, Buescher, King
Discussion Starter #22
馃ぃ ZTS

Cheers, LostCircuits. I'm not worried about what anybody thinks about me, especially here. I know what I am and am not. Poor judgment as to who's a psycho is kind of one of the earmarks of this forum in the past, as I underlined. I'm agitating for a change in that. I don't care if anybody understands. It's just the right thing to do, at the right time.

Of course this is going to offend the people with personality disorders trying to dig their hooks into this site. Of course it will. Duh.

Registered
Conn New Wonder 1 Alto & Conn 10M Tenor
I think the admins are likely aware of it. Rather than hijack the thread, I'd actually like to know what the policy is.

I will offer an opinion: lifetime IP and person ban would be a great boon to the site, though maybe an IP ban doesn't do much any more with today's VPNs.

I can add this, @bandmommy: it would be weird if it wasn't happening. 1 in 100 people are born psychopaths, with a broken lymbic system that can't be fixed. 2-3 more are raised into sociopaths. That's a lot of people with severe personality disorders. They're here, and they're going to do things like use multiple accounts. For sport. Because, for them, why not.

If you let people with a basically criminal sensibility determine the personality of the site, because they will do that whether anybody is aware it's happening or not, and everybody loses, in a bigger way than is just about the forum.
You left out paranoid schizophrenics.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
You left out paranoid schizophrenics.
I don't think they're harmful. Serious answer. People who lack empathy -- which is not paranoid schizophrenics, who are just as likely to have too much empathy -- are always harmful. Always.

They're not hard to identify if you have actually dealt with any and then been forced to reckon with what makes those people the way they are, and you don't have some form of..."personality Aspergers," something like that.

Thing is, you don't have to identify them. Being vigilant about consequences for criminal-type actions takes care of it, because they will always perpetrate them. This thread is going to be a magnet for them, if it goes on long enough ("maybe" it already is).

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
I think the admins are likely aware of it. Rather than hijack the thread, I'd actually like to know what the policy is.
Did you not read it in the Rules, or is this just a giant troll?

You have the ability, as you post the first time, to choose your username. Note, you should only register once and could lose all privileges if we discover that you have more than one alias on this forum. At the same time a unique User ID (number) will be assigned to you.

Reactions: saxoclese

Registered
Conn New Wonder 1 Alto & Conn 10M Tenor
I don't think they're harmful. Serious answer. People who lack empathy -- which is not paranoid schizophrenics, who are just as likely to have too much empathy -- are always harmful. Always.

They're not hard to identify if you have actually dealt with any and then been forced to reckon with what makes those people the way they are, and you don't have some form of..."personality Aspergers," something like that.

Thing is, you don't have to identify them. Being vigilant about consequences for criminal-type actions takes care of it, because they will always perpetrate them. This thread is going to be a magnet for them, if it goes on long enough ("maybe" it already is).
I've had to deal with people with variuos mental health disorders as part of my job.

You sir / mam need some help!

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016

Sociopaths, you speak of.

I agree, schizophrenics, notsomuch. Sociopaths, very much.
Unfortunately, however, oftentimes they do not run afoul of the law.
Particularly because so many of them are in positions of making our laws in our societies.

But back to the original OP intent (I think)....in the 12 or so years I have been here I have seen people do this sometimes. I can think of maybe 6 or so "sock puppets" in that time...maybe more.
"J.Dos Passos" being the last one who comes to mind.

Perhaps they think they were banned unfairly. In a few instances, I think they may even have had a valid argument for stating that. Or certainly for arguing the ban should have been finite, maybe a cooling-off period of a month or two.

But I think most folks don't try to end-around (although indeed one with sociopathic tendencies certainly would).

I know some folks who got banned years ago, then after a longer period than a few months (a year, a couple years) actually contacted a mod and requested they be given another chance.
They have returned and in fact their manner and contributions are now much more...better...than what some of their archived commentary shows theselves to have been in the past.

Not sure there's much of a 'need' for any sorta IT program to identify this subset. Of the aforementioned half-dozen I can think of, all were figured out within a few months simply by, as aforementioned by others here...their writing style and their general demeanor/manner....

Not sure they cause any sorta real 'problem' to the site, either, other than just an occasional annoyance (and entertainment value for some once suspicions of their former identity seem to be reinforced)...

Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
We're saxophone players. Some sort of 'personality disorder' is to be expected.
Seriously, in all honesty, the premise of this thread gives off the vibe of a 'Witch Hunt'.
Lots of innuendo and unsubstantiated claims of previously banned sociopath/psychopathic members, now with pseudonyms, trolling the site.
Voice printing to log in to read about reed rotation, the latest in bogus gadgets, and how long a long tone is???
UN friggin believable....

Reactions: lesacks

Registered
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
We're saxophone players. Some sort of 'personality disorder' is to be expected.
Seriously, in all honesty, the premise of this thread gives off the vibe of a 'Witch Hunt'.
Lots of innuendo and unsubstantiated claims of previously banned sociopath/psychopathic members, now with pseudonyms, trolling the site.
Voice printing to log in to read about reed rotation, the latest in bogus gadgets, and how long a long tone is???
UN friggin believable....
Lol, If anyone perceived those ideas as a suggestion to the forum, you would be wrong. Yes, I work in the field, so I have knowledge of things that actually do some of these extreme authentication and access methods - but it would be the furthest thing from a practical solution to the forum.

My intention was purely to state that one would have a hard time proving with actual evidence who someone is. As Jaye said, people are found by writing style, but that would definitely not be concrete evidence - merely an opinion or group of shared opinions.

Lol, If anyone perceived those ideas as a suggestion to the forum, you would be wrong. Yes, I work in the field, so I have knowledge of things that actually do some of these extreme authentication and access methods - but it would be the furthest thing from a practical solution to the forum.

My intention was purely to state that one would have a hard time proving with actual evidence who someone is. As Jaye said, people are found by writing style, but that would definitely not be concrete evidence - merely an opinion or group of shared opinions.
I most definitely did NOT perceive it as a suggestion, merely as ridiculous.
I'm sure many of us are curious to know the names of these many 'sock puppets' believed to be trolling SOTW.
IF they're here, identify them so that they can be once again removed. If they're not, get your spoon out of the poop pot.
Stirring up suspicion about our members is really what Trolls enjoy, isn't it???

Reactions: lesacks and GaSax

Note to self: Don鈥檛 feed the trolls.

Reactions: lesacks and jmoen3

Registered
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
I most definitely did NOT perceive it as a suggestion, merely as ridiculous.
I'm sure many of us are curious to know the names of these many 'sock puppets' believed to be trolling SOTW.
IF they're here, identify them so that they can be once again removed. If they're not, get your spoon out of the poop pot.
Stirring up suspicion about our members is really what Trolls enjoy, isn't it???
The measures being ridiculous? I guess some people work with things that are important enough to secure - far from sax forums and other public information

However, I've Never claimed there were 'sock puppets' and never intended to come across as such. We are in the same page there. Seems like paranoia that starts such a strange thought. I just went tangential to say it would be impossible for anyone to legitimately prove it was occurring.

Note to self: Don鈥檛 feed the trolls.
Oh darn.... I was feeling a bit peckish and hoped you had a cookie. 馃檪

Reactions: jmoen3

Oh darn.... I was feeling a bit peckish and hoped you had a cookie. 馃檪
That鈥檚 funny, I was just thinking of making scones. I like to chop up trail mix (cranberries, pineapple, chocolate, etc.) to add to the dough. Do you any any favorite kinds of scone? Do you prefer brown sugar glaze or plain?

That鈥檚 funny, I was just thinking of making scones. I like to chop up trail mix (cranberries, pineapple, chocolate, etc.) to add to the dough. Do you any any favorite kinds of scone? Do you prefer brown sugar glaze or plain?
I'm not a picky eater! My Great Grandma made scones with chopped dates around the holidays. Sometimes she would let me use the piping bag and drizzle some icing on them. Good memories. Thank you for bringing that one up!

Registered
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Here's how dysfunctional things WERE. I have less than a half-dozen people on "ignore." To me, that is a pretty small number, because as a surfer I have been forced to consider that it seems something like 80% or more of people are fundamentally totally selfish (taking into account that surfing attracts selfish people).

Pretty much every single person I have on ignore has piled onto this thread already.

And it has little to do with them, other than that -- save 2 or 3, they have little overlap with my actual project in this thread.

They know I have them on ignore, because when I put you on ignore I will tell you so, and why.

I am seeking zero overlap with those people.

They want to engage.

It doesn't have to be that way, here, for anybody.

Dr. G, you will think you are one. You are not. If you were, I would have told you so.

This will read as "troll uptaken" to forum lowlifes. It isn't. It's just an effort to provide detail.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
OK. I have to correct myself about the ignores count. Because I don't want mods to think I lie, ever. I have exactly 7 people on ignore, but some are no longer active, as far as I know. The weirdos who want to engage, that I ignore to avoid that, already know who they are. And they will keep trying to assuage their egoes. That is stupid. It is bad for the forum (I will never engage any of these weirdos, but what they are doing to me they do in some form every day they're on here, and that is toxic, and not good for the forum).

Again, my point is that these loonybins will --ck up in other ways, because they're mentally ill, and their malfunction will lead them to do the same things to multiple targets over time.

It does not have to be that way, despite that it always has been, here, since Voldemort ruled this forum. There aren't that many who know how far back that goes. It goes back to the beginning.

(Edit: mods: you absolutely 100% have my permission to open my account and look at all my messages and details to confirm what I say here is true -- the only hitch is that some of the ignore log should know from other forums that they should expect to be there. I am an open book to you. I am here to agitate for a better forum in the future, less poisoned and limited by lunatics.)

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Bandmommy, I get it. Not every one has as cut and dried an attitude about evil people as I do. They are evil. Some see it, some don't. You don't at the moment. That's OK. This thread was not directed at you, in any way. You are making it that way. We disagree. That should be OK. When you get an imbalance of malevolent figures, that make that possibility of OK-ness impractical. The sane people will just leave. It doesn't have to be that way. It largely always has been. That is everyone's loss.

Bandmommy, I get it. Not every one has as cut and dried an attitude about evil people as I do. They are evil. Some see it, some don't. You don't at the moment. That's OK. This thread was not directed at you, in any way. You are making it that way. We disagree. That should be OK. When you get an imbalance of malevolent figures, that make that possibility of OK-ness impractical. The sane people will just leave. It doesn't have to be that way. It largely always has been. That is everyone's loss.
Exactly how have I made this thread about me? I'm not the only one who is curious.
Where are these 'Trolls' posting? You've been asked this question at least twice and still no answer. In fact, I was the first to ask!
How are you to be believed when not even a hint of proof is produced. Who are these evil people? Shouldn't the rest of us be made aware of who to avoid? You want 'sane' people to stay, but I think some may feel you may not be after reading through this entire thread.
It gets weirder with every post...

Registered
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
At this point, I know I've been heard. Mods, I thank you for allowing me the space to express what I had to say.

Bandmommy, you're going on ignore. It's not personal, and it's not a big deal. You are never going to enlighten me about anything related to saxophones, and now I've got you upset, and it's you who decided to come on here and pick a bone. I doubt you know why you did that, or why you're offended yourself. I think it is because you feel impugned, even before you posted. Now that you're offended, you're only going to post related to me, and "like" posts related to me, in a political way. From here on out, the only way you're going to post in response to me is going to be personal, and unrelated to music or saxophones. That's lame for you, for me, for everybody. That shouldn't be part of this forum, at all -- and you will never see me do that, I promise -- but you all think it is normal, because it has become the norm, because the forum was moderated and run by crazypeople in the past. Nothing of that sort benefits anybody, including the people who come here mainly to feel part of a social group that dominates others, not because of love of music or saxophones.

My only goal was to, as I've repeated (to me ad nauseum), "agitate" for a better board in the future because the "old guard" is gone now, and this forum is going to continue to have the best part of itself (the archives), and it doesn't need to have the old poison. That contingent is leaving on its own, thank God. I only wish to see voices that will surprise me post and take up residence and stay. As a fan of jazz music and obsessed with saxophones, that is the primary reason I end up here, ever, at all.

I'm totally aware that making this point has drawn an unwanted kind of scrutiny. It was worth it. We are all worse off for forums being typically like this forum's been in the past. We can all be better off with just a little more strict, unyielding, enforcement of sensible forum use rules, with clear and unavoidable consequences. Again, corrupt people are only affected by consequences. If they know the consequences are absolute, they'll self-regulate accordingly. If implementing a policy like that makes my posts in any way "verboten," then I should be the first to suffer the consquences. I'm all about taking one for the team. If this thread doesn't show that, nothing will lol.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.