Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across this video of a terrific local musician Daron Bradford who plays numerous woodwind instruments of all types at a professional level. Here he is playing an arrangement written especially for him by another local musician, Kurt Bestor for his annual Christmas Show. The balance could be better and he is "stretching" at the end to come up with the last 5 woodwinds which are at least a comical way to end the performance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently came across this video of a terrific local musician Daron Bradford who plays numerous woodwind instruments of all types at a professional level. Here he is playing an arrangement written especially for him by another local musician, Kurt Bestor for his annual Christmas Show. The balance could be better and he is "stretching" at the end to come up with the last 5 woodwinds which are at least a comical way to end the performance.

Really nice wind-instrument performance, although the balance is really toward single reed, flute instruments. No real brass instrument (except the conch shell) and no free reeds. Someone on youtube commented: "Does anyone realize how much those instruments would cost all together?" If you want to have a large variety of sounds for cheap you can mod your soprano saxophone like mine:

Did not cost more than $600 including $250 for my Jean-Baptiste horn and a custom-made Otto Link 13* mouthpiece (love it). The sounds include a chromatically-playable brass mouthpiece and a bawu free reed. It all fits into one saxophone case, so you can also save the tip for the roadie...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts