Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a football game in New England on Labor Day weekend, so I'm taking the opportunity to hang out around Boston for a few days beforehand. I went to B.U. way back when, so I'm somewhat familiar with the area. So far, it looks like I might meet up with Martysax on that Thursday night before the weekend (9/1) to hit an open jam in Weymouth. If anything else is up that weekend in the area, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Nice!!! Beantown is just an amazing place. The gorgeous summers here are absolutely worth the harsh winters.

It's a welcome change from my first 29 years of life in North Louisiana, where July-August is consistently 105° w/ 115° Heat Indices.

On Fridays & Saturdays I play with a Funk/Soul/Jam Band @ Blackstone Grill between Faneuil Hall & Bell in Hand Tavern. The band leader is super chill and welcomes anyone who loves to play music, plus drinks are free for musicians. :mrgreen: Let me know if you're interested in playing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,213 Posts
Give Thomas a shout.

·
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On Fridays & Saturdays I play with a Funk/Soul/Jam Band @ Blackstone Grill between Faneuil Hall & Bell in Hand Tavern. The band leader is super chill and welcomes anyone who loves to play music, plus drinks are free for musicians. :mrgreen: Let me know if you're interested in playing.
You had me at funk, though the whole free drink thing doesn't hurt. Count me in for Friday 9/2. I think Marty brings his tenor to the Thursday jam, so I was planning on alto... as I'm not going to compete straight up with the power of single malt. But alto is my preferred horn for funk, so it's looking like a good choice all around.

Give Thomas a shout.
And here it was I was gonna play hard to get...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You had me at funk, though the whole free drink thing doesn't hurt. Count me in for Friday 9/2. I think Marty brings his tenor to the Thursday jam, so I was planning on alto... as I'm not going to compete straight up with the power of single malt. But alto is my preferred horn for funk, so it's looking like a good choice all around.
Sounds great!!! I'll let the bandleader know. I usually play Tenor, so Alto would be perfect.

Looking forward to it, Grumps!!! :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,213 Posts
Wouldn't that be cool... Grumps ,Thomas and Marty, playing at Thad's gig !

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Wouldn't that be cool... Grumps, Thomas and Marty, playing at Thad's gig !
Thad. You might want to keep your car running in the back alley. :mrgreen:

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Wouldn't that be cool... Grumps ,Thomas and Marty, playing at Thad's gig !
I'm trying to think of a name for this battle that would be amusing but not insulting. Haven't quite got there yet..

A bit of youtube mobile phone coverage would be spiffin.

·
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to think of a name for this battle that would be amusing but not insulting. Haven't quite got there yet...
Too bad The Boston Massacre is already taken...

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
I'm actually playing at the Third Annual Baston Massacre with my Rockabilly band, the Knuckledusters.

Yo Thomas, what time and where is this? Is there any scotch there?

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
The group could be the Boston Bedsocks. I do know that Thomas tends to feel the cold a bit at his advanced age..

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
My hotel room has a kitchen, so I'm planning a New England seafood feast upon arrival. Already tracked down a local fish market.
Will you be hosting the American Womens' Soccer Team for dinner immediately after their game? Will the people in adjoining rooms be able to tell the difference?

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,794 Posts
Dude! Are you playing this coming Friday 7/22?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Possibly. I've been busy lately recording in Milford w/ this band I recently joined so I might be busy. Even if I am not there, you're always welcome to stop in. The bandleader told me whoever wants to show up and play is welcome. He loves having horns.

I'll let you know if I'll be there next week.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I might have to crash in on thus swarthy lot. I'd love to meet you guys in person after reading all your great posts and Weymouth is up the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts