Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I got this on eBay for an absurdly cheap price...anyone have any idea which model Buescher it is? For the price I paid, it really doesn't make that much difference, but it looks like it could be some sort of True Tone or Aristocrat (maybe a later one) judging by the little bit of engraving that I can see. Anyone have an opinion?

C

·
0 Posts
Looks like it may be a Elkhart model, the one with the Deer on it. It's hard to say,
but it looks like antlers on the bell. I believe they call it the 30A. Intermediate horn,
but closer to a pro then a student horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Looks like an Elkhart to me too. Really these are decent players and you may like it. I had an Olds that was a Buescher stencil and it was a terrific player. If it wasn't so ugly I would have kept it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,404 Posts
I had a 30A--a tenor stencilled "Silvertone". It had a nice tone and sounded best with large chambered mouthpieces. The intonation, response, and keywork were okay but not great. Overall, it was not a bad Buescher for the money. The only other Buescher tenor I have played was TH&C and the 30A was a far cry from that, but what do you expect?

·
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I only paid $75 for it, so I figured I could use it for something...I'll probably fix it up and resell it. It's probably worth at least twice that...make a nice spare for someone.

C

·
0 Posts
J.Max said:
Well, I only paid $75 for it, so I figured I could use it for something...I'll probably fix it up and resell it. It's probably worth at least twice that...make a nice spare for someone.
That's a good price indeed. I just bought a Martin Handcraft tenor for
just under $140.00 . I figured I could use it or resell it with a little work to it.
I guess that's how we end up with so many horns !

This reminds me of a Woody Allen quote (Excuse any errors)
"Try and go one day without a good rationilization."

I think that's how it goes ! It sure applies to saxophone purchases !

·
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
candiceartisan said:
SaintsDay has a lot of Bueschers. He might recognize the model. If he doesn't see this post, you might want to PM him.

Yeah, he bought a New Aristocrat from me once...I'm not sure he was real happy with his purchase because it had some problems that I didn't notice, but I'l PM him...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts